I've tried reading but.

xUnReAlx

So i've started smoking this thing they call cannabis about a month ago. Stumbled across this site, started reading and became very interested in growing. Only problem is i'm having a hard time understanding it all. I've been thinking where i want to grow and i think i have a pretty good idea.

My mom lives in the country, i have a old spare bedroom before i moved out (18, going to school) with windows for vent air.

I want to grow about like 2-4 plants, minimum energy for lights and other expenses. I'm going to use bag seeds for sure(going to be hard finding some though...) and ive read a little bit on how to get them going.

what I dont quite understand really is the purpose of all the light cycles, switching them, why you feed what you do and when, universal container (seems everyone uses something different), all the phases of the grow and i guess just the best way to go about things.

im just looking for a better understanding in a personal perspective. Thanks in advance :bongrip:

Re: I've tried reading but...

So i've started smoking this thing they call cannabis about a month ago. Stumbled across this site, started reading and became very interested in growing. Only problem is i'm having a hard time understanding it all. I've been thinking where i want to grow and i think i have a pretty good idea.

My mom lives in the country, i have a old spare bedroom before i moved out (18, going to school) with windows for vent air.

I want to grow about like 2-4 plants, minimum energy for lights and other expenses. I'm going to use bag seeds for sure(going to be hard finding some though...) and ive read a little bit on how to get them going.

what I dont quite understand really is the purpose of all the light cycles, switching them, why you feed what you do and when, universal container (seems everyone uses something different), all the phases of the grow and i guess just the best way to go about things.

im just looking for a better understanding in a personal perspective. Thanks in advance :bongrip:

:welcome: bro...
uhh everything that you asked really would take a while to put into one post. Ill say this, i definitly went through information overload when i was first looking into growing. Take your time, and dont get overzealous, so for right now, the majority of your reading should be in propogation, light and grow room set ups and nutrients. Often ppl are just beginning to learn about cannabis as a plant and are also googling advance growing techniques and other things. Start simple and work your way up would be my friendly advice.

here's a thread that i hope clears a lot up for you
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

hope to see a journal up from you soon :surf:

Well to start off welcome, and cannabis is a wonderful thing. So im sure you will want to grow in soil for your first time because hydro is complex to start out with. The purpose of the light cycles are that when its on 18/6 the plant is developing into what will soon be a mature mother plant and thus for being 18 hours of light allows for big healthy plants, the 12/12 cycle is when your ready to promote your plants to flowering after their at least a foot tall, twelve hours on gives the plants enough energy to produce flowers while the twelve hours off helps to promote trichome production within the flowers. You give cannabis nutrients because the plant needs certain elements throughout the stages of growth,during the veg stage you would give it something like a ratio of 10-6-4, 10 being nitrogen main element for healthy plant growth during your veg period, 6 being phosphorus, 4 being potassium. During flowering you would give it something like 0-7-3, Phosphorus is the main element during flowering. I prefer 5 gallon buckets because it allows enough space for the plant to grow throughout all the stages of growth. Im not the best person to ask about lights because i use the most expensive but best lights, which is the high pressure sodium lamp with ballast and hood (for flowering), and the metal halide lamp with ballast and hood (for vegging). I hope this helps you some what. Good luck with the grow brother ; )

Well to start off welcome, and cannabis is a wonderful thing. So im sure you will want to grow in soil for your first time because hydro is complex to start out with. The purpose of the light cycles are that when its on 18/6 the plant is developing into what will soon be a mature mother plant and thus for being 18 hours of light allows for big healthy plants, the 12/12 cycle is when your ready to promote your plants to flowering after their at least a foot tall, twelve hours on gives the plants enough energy to produce flowers while the twelve hours off helps to promote trichome production within the flowers. You give cannabis nutrients because the plant needs certain elements throughout the stages of growth,during the veg stage you would give it something like a ratio of 10-6-4, 10 being nitrogen main element for healthy plant growth during your veg period, 6 being phosphorus, 4 being potassium. During flowering you would give it something like 0-7-3, Phosphorus is the main element during flowering. I prefer 5 gallon buckets because it allows enough space for the plant to grow throughout all the stages of growth. Im not the best person to ask about lights because i use the most expensive but best lights, which is the high pressure sodium lamp with ballast and hood (for flowering), and the metal halide lamp with ballast and hood (for vegging). I hope this helps you some what. Good luck with the grow brother ; )

Lol, smh:loopy::nomo:

P.S. During flowering you actually want a 1-3-2 ratio or even 1-3-3 sometimes. I still dont understand if he said he was confused why you would cram 17,000 vague details into one sentence

You guys are right though, its just a ton of stuff to take in. im sure its going to take me a couple of tries before i get a good yield but im willing to work for that.

Im looking for a cheap stash for myself.

The only problem I am thinking about now... Its getting colder to winter here, and i know for a fact that my old room is pretty cold... would a space heater be good enough heat source? it has to be around 80 degrees correct?

you would be surprised how much heat lights put out depending on your lighting choice.
I have a friend in a 3rd floor apt with a 4x4 tent and a 1000w HPS lamp air cooled syetem. her outside temp is 45 and her inside ambient temp is 80.
read that link Drojo gave you bro.....its all you need to get started...its all I did to get my feet wet

O trust me, ive been reading a lot of that, i just wanted to make this to get some clarification and some personal points of view.

Back
Top Bottom