jamaican bat guano used w/floranova?

fineas

Hi guys,
I just put my large plants into 12/12 and am using GH flora nova bloom. Is using Jamaican ban guano as directed on container safe to add to the solution (all hydroponic)to enhance the blooming phase? Should this be used instead of flora nova? Would it be better for my plants to use half and half or other percentage of each?? I have a ten gallon reservoir. I used flora nova grow as my nutrients until I changed lighting. I was hoping for an enhancement of the blooming phase of my flowers, but most certainly do not want to harm them at all.
What do all yall suggest?
Fin

I've been told not to mix organic with chemical, if the GH is a chemical nute. I'm a relative newbie to hydro, but several people told me that when I was thinking about using seabird guano as an additional nutrient w/BC chemical nutes. There's a thread with some links to web sites w/ info on guano in hydro. on this forum." Guano Tea in Hydro"
Good luck w/ your grow.

Peace:ganjamon:

"It matters not who casts the votes. It only matters who counts them."
J. Stalin

Thanks for the reply budculture,
I am using general hydroponics flora bloom as my basic nute since I began 12/12. I added jamaican bat guano solution using the guidelines on the bag, about per volume half flora and half bat. My plant went into bloom and is very healthy at present. I hoped to hear some other experiences before I tried this, but since I didnt get a note back I just started. I may go to all guano and omit the GH floranova, it is not all organic. But at present I am not sure if this will be all the nutes the plants need. And that is why I kept it going with the GH FN.
Thanks for the info and I will look more into the "tea" forum.
Any comments from anyone??
Fineas

Sounds good, when in doubt, try it out! I'll be interested to see how it goes. I'm going to go organic next round for sure , if only for the taste. I'd love to use just guano, as I use that stuff all over our garden. It kicks a** out there so maybe.... I also read Cees' article on the guano tea and that sounds really good too, although making it yourself sounds like a stinky proposition! Let us know how it works out.
Peace:ganjamon:

"We had fed the heart on fantasies. The heart's grown brutal from the fare."
Yeats

I always wanted to try guano. I am afraid that the plant needs more nute than just hi phos... SO I may stay w the half/half. What convinced me that I was right is that I planted some marigolds in the front yard garden and they were blooming pretty nicely. After I fed the plants with Jamaican bat guano (Hi phos) the blossoms at least quadrupled!! ANd now I use the old water for feeding the flowers each 2 weeks. Its still blooming like a crazy ?? Bloomer??
Oh I put a 1/4 tsp/gal of super bloom by GH. in between the feeings. I have bent and
s(cr)ogged and the whole top is full of budding areas. I hope they will grow big and strong and fat and all that.
Looking at all the lids I have had in the past, all matted down, tons of seeds, leaf, who knowswhat chemicals, total disregard for the growth and propercare of this plant, makes me feel like I have bought a below minimum grade product for far too long.
No matter how my plants turn out I have had so much fun in this project, I am learning so much, and have become a a pretty good improvisor.

Back
Top Bottom