Jarring bud

ianeil

I just bought an ounce for first year of college so I don't have to worry about finding a dealer in a new city. A friend of mine told me if you put your bud in a jar and leave it for a month or so it will cure and become full of crystals. From what I've see on the internet the curing process is a lot more then just leaving it in a jar for a period of time. Will jarring it and leaving it work? Or will mold grow? It will be sitting in my freezer untouched basically until I finish up the other half.
:roorrip:

Hey ianeil,

:welcome: to 420 Magazine bro! Curing really isn't much more than slow drying. Once the moisture level reaches a certain point in the buds the curing process is done, even if you added more moisture and started drying again it's not really going to improve much.

Wether or not the buds mold will also depend on the moisture level. Here's a great guide I copied from one of the threads (I'm sorry, I don't remember who posted it to give them credit).

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.

65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.

60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing.

55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet.

The thing to remember when storing mmj for any length of time is that light and heat are your enemy, you'll want to store your buds in a cool, dark place. Of course if you store your buds in the freezer they will neither cure, dry, or mold.

There's a whole forum here for Harvest, Preparation & Curing - 420 Magazine, you should take a look.

Back
Top Bottom