Can curing be done in a jar 50% full of buds?

Phillybonker

I've got a small amount of buds that will need to be jarred soon, the jar will only be 50% full of buds. Will there be too much air in the jar for curing if it is only 50% full of buds?

Another quick question - My jar is air tight but has a wooden lid, will it still work for curing?

the jar will only be 50% full of buds. Will there be too much air in the jar for curing if it is only 50% full of buds?
Probably better that way than a jar that is full. The extra space will help draw off any excess moisture still left in the buds. Plus if you want to shake the jar to keep the buds mixed up it will be easier. Jars full of buds don't remix much just by shaking. The buds have to be dumped out, mixed and put back in the jar every couple of days.

Once fully cured I would think you are safe to consolidate the buds into fewer jars.

Probably better that way than a jar that is full. The extra space will help draw off any excess moisture still left in the buds. Plus if you want to shake the jar to keep the buds mixed up it will be easier. Jars full of buds don't remix much just by shaking. The buds have to be dumped out, mixed and put back in the jar every couple of days.

Once fully cured I would think you are safe to consolidate the buds into fewer jars.
Right, I'm going to jar em up now. I might do the rest of my buds in half jars as well after you pointed out the benefits, I was worried about jarring up too early with the buds still too moist but if excess moisture is drawn out of buds that are in half full jars then I have a bit of a safety net....so to speak. The buds appear ready for jarring anyway.

Back
Top Bottom