Jobs in the MJ industry?

Nekminnut

Im from Australia , as most of you would know anything to do with cannabis here is pretty much a jail sentance , iv wanted to work in a medical cannabis type job for a long time now but im not sure if i could put my little family on a plane and take them to a country where i could follow my dreams, is it hard to get work legally in other countries in this particular industry and would it be possible to earn a living? Im currently studying horticulture at tafe but there isnt really any possible way i can work with cannabis in our strict country.

At the moment, in my area of the United States, where hemp agriculture and research is legal, but unfortunately viable hemp seed is federally restricted, there is a lack of credentialed hemp scientists and hemp agriculture professionals. Thus, in many parts of the United States, scholarships and grants are being discussed to fill the brain gap that legal states have in credentialed hemp professionals. Once the hemp learning curve is stabilized in the states, hemp agri-business is expected to kick in.

Perhaps you can consider studying in another country where cannabis is not as restrictive?

You'll be getting in on the ground floor of an industry which is sleeping giant that is beginning to wake. Your credentialed expertise will be in demand everywhere in the states and the world. When Australia's Hemp Party gains the upper hand, your expertise will be in demand back in Australia by the time you earn a masters or doctorate.

Thanks for your input, iv thought about trying to study somewhere else but cant really find anywhere that would suit what im looking for id love to come over to america and give it a go but would be almost impossible to get a visa on the conditions of studying cannabis, also thought about holland but have since found out there laws arent much different then most countries, im still in the early stages of my horticulture studies so still have a few years to find somewhere to go, maybe by the time i have my diploma australia will have legalised at least industrial hemp

Shhhhh:winkyface: Don't mention cannabis or marijuana research when applying for an educational VISA. Use terminology like:
  • Industrial Hemp Research
    [*]Hemp Agriculture
    [*]Hemp Medical Research
    [*]Hemp Paper and Textile Industry
    [*]Hemp Nanosheet Technology Applications

Back
Top Bottom