Jodie Power 'Smuggled Drugs to Bali'

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
JODIE Power, the former best friend of Mercedes Corby, told a friend she smuggled marijuana into Bali in her make-up case and her shoe, a Sydney jury has been told.

Ms Power is the key witness for Channel 7, which is being sued for defamation by Ms Corby who claims it falsely portrayed her as a drug dealer and drug smuggler.

Giving evidence in the NSW Supreme Court today for Ms Corby, Melissa Jane Clarke said she had known Ms Corby for 15 years, describing her as of "very high integrity".

"I have never known her to tell lies, even on the smallest matter," she said.

She also knew Ms Power. She said that in 1998 they were staying in neighbouring bungalows in Bali.

She said Ms Power came over to her bungalow and said: "I've brought some mull (cannabis)

with me from home."

Ms Clarke said she asked Ms Power how and she replied: "In my make-up case and in my shoe."

Ms Corby, the sister of convicted drug smuggler Schapelle Corby, is suing Seven over interviews broadcast with Ms Power in February last year.

Schapelle Corby is serving 20 years in a Bali prison after being convicted of smuggling 4.1kg of cannabis into Indonesia inside a bodyboard bag in 2004.

The hearing is continuing before Justice Carolyn Simpson.

Source: Sunday Times (Australia)
Copyright: 2008 Times Newspapers Ltd
Website: News | Perth news, Western Australia news, West Australia news, Entertainment news | PerthNow

Back
Top Bottom