Johnstown Man Indicted on Marijuana-Growing Charges

Weedpipe

420 Member
NEWARK -- A Johnstown man who police allegedly found with 53 marijuana plants in his basement was indicted by a Licking County grand jury Thursday.

Raymond G. Ewing Jr., 38, last known address 111 Bermuda Drive, was charged with one count each of illegal cultivation of marijuana in the vicinity of a juvenile, a second-degree felony; possession of marijuana, a third-degree felony; and possession of criminal tools, a fifth-degree felony, with a forfeiture specification of $104 on all three counts.

On Dec. 10, Central Ohio Drug Enforcement Task Force officers executed a search warrant for Ewing's home and found 53 marijuana plants, digital scales, instructions on growing marijuana, lights and fertilizer in his basement, according to the affidavit for his arrest.

Police also found processed and burned marijuana in the kitchen cupboards, according to the affidavit.

Ewing is accused of mass producing marijuana in the presence of a toddler, according to the indictment.

Ewing was arrested and remains in the Licking County Justice Center on a $30,000 bond set by Licking County Municipal Court Judge Michael Higgins.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Newark Advocate
Copyright: Newark Advocate
Website:Johnstown man indicted on marijuana-growing charges

Answer me this question. What would cause more harm to a toddler? Finding and eating some marijuana or finding and eating a bottle of aspirin? These marijuana drug laws are so stupid I can hardly stand it anymore.

And dont forget Pitbulls, Rottweilers, Snakes...And other pets...:roorrip:

Its just a matter of time that the majority of the states will legalize medicinal marijuana, its a shame to see good guys suffer till then, Free Ray!

were workin so this doesnt happen to someone else Ray, and im sorry this happened to you. yours is 1 of many stories i read everyday about unjust cannabis laws and how the law causes suffering in families all over this nation. this is an ongoing battle, but great strides have been made recently and hopefully when your son becomes a man he will not have to fear the police and criminal justice system because of a plant. goodluck to you, and all that is yours. thanks for stopin by and i hope to see you back soon...:peace:

Glad to see that you have apparently posted bond and are out of jail. Speaking from my personal experience, try to find an attorney from the NORML database that will be more sympathetic to the issues you face. I didn't heed my own advice and am certainly paying the price. The laws need to be changed, but it is an uphill battle here in the Midwest. The increased penalty for being in the presence of a child has nothing to do with protecting the child and everything to do with artificially increasing the amount of money to be collected by the police state. Usually cases such as this involve a snitch so to everyone out there be careful who knows your business. Best of luck to you Brother Ray. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom