Jump In Prescription Drug Overdose Deaths May Be Tied To Drug Testing

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The increase in prescription drug overdose deaths in South Florida is part of a nationwide trend. Federally funded school drug tests are part of the problem. Marijuana is the only drug that stays in the human body long enough to make urinalysis a deterrent. Drug tests may compel marijuana smokers to switch to harder drugs. This is one of the reasons the American Academy of Pediatrics opposes student drug testing.

While culture warriors in the Bush administration obsess over non-lethal marijuana, prescription drug overdose deaths are skyrocketing. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, prescription drug overdose is now second only to motor-vehicle crashes as a cause of death from unintentional injury in the United States. The phrase "if it saves one life" has been used to justify all manner of drug war intrusions. Eliminating drug tests has the potential to save thousands of lives.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinal
Copyright: 2008 South Florida Sun-Sentinal
Contact: Questions or Comments -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Website: Jump in prescription drug overdose deaths may be tied to drug testing -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

It's a shame isn't it? All this could be avoided. I can't wait for change, which is in part why I'm going to be a more active and dedicated member than I have been in the past.

It's a shame isn't it? All this could be avoided. I can't wait for change, which is in part why I'm going to be a more active and dedicated member than I have been in the past.

Good for you mac...if you ever need help in that area, please feel free to pm me.
This is the same type of thing that sparked my interest in this God awfull drug war as well...I'm absolutely sick to death of it!

I think we all are. It's only a matter of time before they realize we KNOW the TRUTH. All we have to do is keep educating those that don't.

:ganjamon: thanks :smokin:

I to do more but it was a visit from The West GA. Drug Task Force that got me mad and active. They tossed my castle for two hours found nothing. To me it was a violation of my rights and pissed me off. Now I fight the fight every day dosen't matter if I am an underground toker or not. This has gone to far they are putting my brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, and even gradpa in jail. They are victomized and raped by violent criminals. I can hear them they are alone and scared they need our help!!

Cherokee Fred

I think we all are. It's only a matter of time before they realize we KNOW the TRUTH. All we have to do is keep educating those that don't.

There's a song about just that. Not Stupid by Burning Spear. :smokin:

I think I'm going to look into that. Thanks for mentioning it.

Back
Top Bottom