Just a couple of questions

RoyC

What happens if you feed flower food to early?

Can too much light saturation in early flower cause main colas to have spaced out noding and colas to not form properly?

First pic main cola not formed properly
Second is from one plant Back middle that seems to have formed better but still not to full potential I think (all photos taken at same time week 8 flower)
20220123_201952.jpg
20220123_201944.jpg

Had a couple of leaves like this pop up maybe nutrient burn from too much ligh saturation?
Got the new scorpion Diablo LED and I might have to dim it down abit and have bit more height from canopy next time maybe?
20220126_201727.jpg

What happens if you feed flower food to early?

Can too much light saturation in early flower cause main colas to have spaced out noding and colas to not form properly?

First pic main cola not formed properly
Second is from one plant Back middle that seems to have formed better but still not to full potential I think (all photos taken at same time week 8 flower)
20220123_201952.jpg
20220123_201944.jpg

Had a couple of leaves like this pop up maybe nutrient burn from too much ligh saturation?
Got the new scorpion Diablo LED and I might have to dim it down abit and have bit more height from canopy next time maybe?
20220126_201727.jpg
Good morning @RoyC Hope you are well my friend.
Don't fret about starting flower food too early, she will be fine.
Your extra light intensity is causing fox tales on your beautiful sativa.
Those colas will fill in and be fine no harm done.
The damage on the leaves are from your nutrients most likely.
What are you feeding her?

Stay safe
Bill

That just looks like the genetics of the plant. Foxtail in the 2nd pic could be from to much light. Probably just genetic too though.
Hi Thanks for the reply, genetics like that particular strain (white rhino supposedly) or do u mean the clones weren't good?, it was my first time cutting these clones they rooted well I think

Hi Thanks for the reply, genetics like that particular strain (white rhino supposedly) or do u mean the clones weren't good?, it was my first time cutting these clones they rooted well I think
Different phenos of the same strain can have different characteristics.
If you cloned it the buds should look just like the mother. If not ide say it's environmental.

Good morning @RoyC Hope you are well my friend.
Don't fret about starting flower food too early, she will be fine.
Your extra light intensity is causing fox tales on your beautiful sativa.
Those colas will fill in and be fine no harm done.
The damage on the leaves are from your nutrients most likely.
What are you feeding her?

Stay safe
Bill
Hi thanks heaps for the repy
Started house and gardens top shooter (shooting powder) maybe a touch early end of week 5 to 7 then to a new one I got to try PN extreme boost from then on along with half strength coco A&B
The extreme boost seems quite high in P and K but only use 2gms per 4 liters and rock resonator now and the smells like molasses
20220127_233400.jpg
20220127_233415.jpg

Too much?

Hi thanks heaps for the repy
Started house and gardens top shooter (shooting powder) maybe a touch early end of week 5 to 7 then to a new one I got to try PN extreme boost from then on along with half strength coco A&B
The extreme boost seems quite high in P and K but only use 2gms per 4 liters and rock resonator now and the smells like molasses
20220127_233400.jpg
20220127_233415.jpg

Too much?
The extreme boost is to be used the last couple weeks of flower.
The top shooter is likely cause your foxtails.
It keeps initiating flower.
I'd cut out the top shooter.
Save the extreme boost to the end.
And start using the A and B as directed in the schedule for the week you are on.
What is in your pots?

Stay safe
Bill

Never seen the mother flower got given a clone then veg'ed it and took more clones from it I'm starting to think ur right with environmental i had 1000w hps in then put this new LED in at early flower I thought I had dimmed it but the last 3 clicks on knob didnt dim at all I figured out later and was running it on full, I'm new to LEDs this was the reading at full I got at canopy on a ph app so not sure how accurate or really what numbers mean
Screenshot_20220113-212656_Photone.jpg
Screenshot_20220113-212641_Photone.jpg
Screenshot_20220113-212613_Photone.jpg

The extreme boost is to be used the last couple weeks of flower.
The top shooter is likely cause your foxtails.
It keeps initiating flower.
I'd cut out the top shooter.
Save the extreme boost to the end.
And start using the A and B as directed in the schedule for the week you are on.
What is in your pots?

Stay safe
Bill
Cool thanks, coco and bit of perlite, feeding schedule says half dose A&B
Stopped top shooter and now on extreme boost wasn't sure on strain flower lenth
What do you think about top shooter it's been what I normally use with h&g bud xl like they say? have you used it? Makes bud look ugly but thought it put weight on but not sure

Cool thanks, coco and bit of perlite, feeding schedule says half dose A&B
Stopped top shooter and now on extreme boost wasn't sure on strain flower lenth
What do you think about top shooter it's been what I normally use with h&g bud xl like they say? have you used it? Makes bud look ugly but thought it put weight on but not sure
Unfortunately I've never used top shooter so I can't say how it helps, sorry.
But from the description it reignites the flowering process causing those fox tails most likely. Not your light!!!!!
But it's not a nutrient.
Where did you see the feeding schedule saying only to give half dose?
In coco I feed my ladies every day full strength nutrients at 5.8 ph.
I recommend going with the proper feed schedule.
Do you have a ppm meter.
Depending on water quality and strain you should be anywhere between 900-1200 ppm right now.

Stay safe
Bill

Unfortunately I've never used top shooter so I can't say how it helps, sorry.
But from the description it reignites the flowering process causing those fox tails most likely. Not your light!!!!!
But it's not a nutrient.
Where did you see the feeding schedule saying only to give half dose?
In coco I feed my ladies every day full strength nutrients at 5.8 ph.
I recommend going with the proper feed schedule.
Do you have a ppm meter.
Depending on water quality and strain you should be anywhere between 900-1200 ppm right now.

Stay safe
Bill
Cool thanks for that info, u guys are awesome for the time and help you give people, on my h&g chart it said start a&b at 1.5 mls veg slowly go up to 3ml up to week 6 when you start top shooter then drop down to 1.5mls of a&b, sorry probably didnt explain well, just to lower nitrogen and let top shooter & bud xl take over p&k I think,
Screenshot_20220128-112039_DuckDuckGo.jpg

That not quite the same as mine but pretty much, no I dont have ppm meter one of those things I've been meaning to get.
Did you see the light meter readings, I dont know much about that but the ppfd bit high ah, could that be why when I put led in at early flower the excess light causes the main colas especially the taller ones to node funny and cause them to not form to normal mains?

Back
Top Bottom