Just not sure?

Rehorn

420 Member
I have grown for a few years now, but this is my first out door/green house grow. The one thing i have not got down just yet is "when" the bud is ready. I have read many...many articles and books. Most say for the highest THC level you want a 50/50'ish split of milky and clear tricombs. I have been complimented numerous times on the potency of my plants but density and size are lacking....with the exception of my last plant, it was dense and potent(don't know if
20180913_135109.jpg
20180913_135253.jpg
it is an outlier though) just looking for some more experienced grows advice. I am in North eastern Oregon around 2500ft elevation. I have attached a couple pictures.

Clear = immature
Cloudy = peak potency
Amber = degraded

You won't find a plant with 100% cloudy trichomes (at least I haven't), so aim for as many as possible. If you decided to just observe a plant instead of harvesting it, lol, you'd eventually see that mature trichomes were degrading faster than immature ones were maturing. That's too late.

Remember that you have the option of harvesting a portion of the buds at a time.

Partial harvest-that was the exact thing my wife said....somedays I think I should listen to her more...somedays not so much
Thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom