Stems & Trichomes

Chungo

Well I cut down my plants the other day and found it interesting that the stems and peony hopes used to support the plants had a large amount of very sticky tricombs on them. I assume it was from the plants moving around during the grow. So for my next grow I will try to harvest these Tricombs from the stems. Just wondering if there is any recipes for edibles using stems (I have looked it up on this forum but have found no current info). I have from my last grow used fan leaves in brownies with good results (50 grams to 1 package of Brownie mix) so I figure Tricomb crusted stems will work to.....Thanks for any info......

Hi Chungo... Yes you can extract thc and cbd from the stems of your plants ... Just like any part of the pot plant it all has thc and cbd running threw it maybe not as much as bud but its in there, where ever theres trichomes there should be thc/cbd to extract so you can make tea, tintures, and of course brownies!... As you probably know once the plant matter is out of the way you can pretty much put the thc/ cbd into anything you want... Now is it worth all the effort to get that extra thc/cbd from the stems that's up to you my friend... lol Good luck!! :)

I collect and freeze all the defoled leaves from the whole grow. Chop the stems up at harvest and all the trim.
Decarb @ 120 degees C, crush it up and do my normal recipe for alcohol extraction. Reduce the volume by evaporation and wind up with a very usable tincture. Not as strong as the usual made straight from buds but a very decent buzz. :)

That pretty much uses all the plant i have put the effort and electricery into except the roots. :)

I collect and freeze all the defoled leaves from the whole grow. Chop the stems up at harvest and all the trim.
Decarb @ 120 degees C, crush it up and do my normal recipe for alcohol extraction. Reduce the volume by evaporation and wind up with a very usable tincture. Not as strong as the usual made straight from buds but a very decent buzz. :)

That pretty much uses all the plant i have put the effort and electricery into except the roots. :)
Thanks. just a quick question on your decarb of the leaves how long do you decarb for? I have been using 225F or 105C for 40 min.? I have been using the decarbed leaves in brownies and icecream and have also used Everclear to soak the decarbed leaves for a week and then strain and use it in ETOH drinks with good results. I have not tried to use the buds yet.....Thanks.....

I had a look at at the article on the link above early on in my tinkerings. Worth a read. Settled on decarb by buds into an oven bag, then into a convection oven @ 120 degrees C for 70 minutes. I am lucky and have access to Analytical Reagent Grade Ethanol. Assays out very pure and clean. :) Mos of my notes are in the Holy Tincture thread linked in my sig. Got a lot of useful info from there when i started.

That paper they used water baths to decarb. That's for accurate temp control, better than an oven. Did this once or twice a caning jar in a pressure cooker. They are mostly fixed @ 15psi which gives a stable 121 degrees C.

I had a look at at the article on the link above early on in my tinkerings. Worth a read. Settled on decarb by buds into an oven bag, then into a convection oven @ 120 degrees C for 70 minutes. I am lucky and have access to Analytical Reagent Grade Ethanol. Assays out very pure and clean. :) Mos of my notes are in the Holy Tincture thread linked in my sig. Got a lot of useful info from there when i started.

That paper they used water baths to decarb. That's for accurate temp control, better than an oven. Did this once or twice a caning jar in a pressure cooker. They are mostly fixed @ 15psi which gives a stable 121 degrees C.
Thanks. I briefly looked at this referenced material and will sit down and completely read it later again thanks.....

Back
Top Bottom