Copper deficiency advice

eggzin

Hey all,

RDWC, Pineapple Express, Flower day #77, Flora Nova Bloom and Cal/Mag, LED (Mars Hydro FC-3000).

I've been watching for tricombe maturity for a couple of weeks and the developement has been slow--at least it seems so to me. The plant's tricombes currently are mostly cloudy, and I'm looking for enough amber tricomes to finally harvest.

Slowly, over the last 3 weeks, the leaves have taken on a purplish color and has become quite widespread. I thought the plant was just showing the signs of very late stage discoloration. I'd never seen this before.

I happened across a post by someone a little bit ago, and copper deficiency at this stage was mentioned. Low and behold, I looked it up and sure enough that is what has affected my leaves.

I learned that a copper deficiency slows, or even stops, the maturing process, and is caused by low Ph, which I've corrected. I was hoping to harvest in another week.

Question: Do you think I'm far enough along in plant maturity that the tricombes will continue to rippen?

Copper def whole plant.jpg

Copper deficiency.jpg

To be honest with you milky trichomes are considered pretty ripe & full of THC where as amber trichomes tend to degrade the THC content into other cannabinoids which some strains have more off than others.

It is a bit like saying if I grow a sativa head high & over ripen by trying to get as much amber trichomes will it give me that couch lock effect ? well you better grow an Indica best known for those qualities than waste time.

Copper def ah, Na I don't think so...

Some strains naturally turn a purple in colour in late flowering & in out door crops when the temperature drops during late flowering this may also help bring out a purple tinge in the leaf's it is reasonable natural to happen.

Thanks for the input Fuzzy...

Hmm, not a copper deficiency... I've grown this strain prolly 8 times and never had this coloration--doesn't really mean much I guess, given that these are Pineapple Express from a different source than what I've used before. G-13 labs before and Weed Seeds Express this time.

Well, at least I know they're close to ready to chop. I'd read a couple of weeks ago that slightly over-rippened can yeild a longer lasting high--not quite as intense, but longer lasting. But maybe that's just another myth.

This strain is a hybrid. The first ones I grew leaned heavily in the Indica direction, these I'm not so sure. In the veg stage the leaves were very broad. As it got older the leaves got skinny, and then they started getting broad again.

At any rate, thank you for the help!

Ye I would pass by any def at this stage of growth & I would believe most growers would favour a little bit of purpling in their bud in late flowering :thumb:

On a personal note, I grew a few strains from Humboldt (North Cali) & they all took on a purple colouring in late flowering.

The thing about seed breeders is do they all use the same seed to breed from ?

Ye real tough that question, so I may suspect they use some thing similar in their own breeding projects & that we may get some slight different genetics from one breeder to another in end results.

Mmm I grew GSC by Weed Seeds Express same expression in leaf's broad in veg Indica like but turn very narrow in flowering showing Sativa characteristics I would imagine it is down to there own breeding, ya check out the journal in my sig if ya like :)

As for ripening I've always been a milky tric person whilst some strains do produce amber tric's more than others during the latter stages of flowering but I rarely ever take them past expected flowering time by no more than 2 weeks at best.

Each & every one has there view/opinion about such but please be aware of the 50 shades of green & the beauty of growing your own it is continual learning curve for all of us :green_heart:

Each & every one has there view/opinion about such but please be aware of the 50 shades of green & the beauty of growing your own it is continual learning curve for all of us
I agree Fuzzy Duck--I have different problems every time I grow a plant :).

At any rate, she's coming down this weekend, for better or worse--I'm tired of waiting for enough amber trics. I will check it with a microscope before I take it down just for educational purposes.

Thanks for sharing your take and help!!

Back
Top Bottom