Can't tell when to harvest!

ZaineFyrBlaz

Ok so I'm two weeks from estimated earliest harvest date, but after plucking a few small under developed buds off and quick drying them for a friend to try( as I am on probation and cnt myself)

My friend smokes quite a bit and said after only a few small hits off a stream roller he was totally couch locked!

The plant has visible tricome development on buds and local leaves, and very nice lemon skunk aroma but I have an issue.

I have no way to observe the tricombes close enough to catch the color change, any tips on how to decide when to harvest

Hi ZaineFyrBlaz,

I purchased a nice little pocket microscope/magnifier from Radio Shack for around $12.00. Do you have one near you? If yes, then look online first as I have two nearby and the first one I went to didn't carry the magnifier. You're looking for the 60-100 zoom lighted magnifier.

If you don't have a Radio Shack handy then I know you can find them E-bay or Amazon for the same price but I suspect you'll have to pay shipping.

I don't bother with a scope any more. just watch the flowers at grow. if they are producing lots of white fat pistils still, then they are almost certainly still growing well and you can get more off it. if the humidity is really low or the heat from your bulb is a bit too close, it can trigger pistils to turn thin, and orange prematurely, but beyond that, when the buds look fat, the pistils are all turning orange and pulling back into the plant and few new white pistils are being made, that's my idea of the optimal time to harvest, think you have a way to go =)

Back
Top Bottom