Magnification

primebadboy

Hello everyone i have been taking alot of info from these forums and have learned everything i know so far about how to grow from this site so THANKYOU EVERYONE!!! what i need is to find out what is the best bang for your buck magnifier ,the ones ppl are using to view the colour changes in the tricombs,to know when the ladies are ready to walk their last mile?I also would like to be able to take photos of the tricombs to post in the future. Any suggestions? Is everyone using high tec cameras or what? My cheap microscope doesn't view them clear enough.:thanks:

Thanks but i mean what do i ask the sales rep. i wish to purchase? A microscope, a 100x magnifing glass ? i don't know what to ask for? Thanks

Hmm. I always wondered about pointing cams at the sun. What about you, Prime? What kind of camera are you using?

I'm using a Canon 10D most of the time...a pretty old model DSLR but I have a nice 85mm lens that I really like.

For macro, I might just use this P&S I have, a Canon Powershot A420 (no, really!):;): It gets very very close, like half an inch or something. I haven't had it but a couple months, I just picked it up for a vacation, so I've yet to get any good examples. Soon!

LOL ,greenblood ,um the reason i asked in the first place ( no offence) is that i have no clue i only have the camera on my cell phone and had no idea how the magnified pics were being posted or taken for that matter. but i will be posting a grow journal for my first grow ever! though i was waiting to get a half assed,decent camera.though it will be neat to hear ppl's reaction to the set up i created and the plants i have growing, since before i started reading all the journals on this site i knew absolutely nothing about the grow bug ,or how rewarding a hobby this is.
I tried pot when i was a kid,it just put me to sleep instantly.The last couple years i have needed it medically,(when i was a kid [6] i was stabbed in the right eye with a steak knife ) kitchen accident) and the pressure went through the roof ,Glaucoma,someone suggested trying pot and it did the trick.
Anyways all i learned i put to good use so far .The pics i have so far are not that good so i was waiting to post a journal but it sucks not having the right cam. For someone who knew nothing i did create:shhh::shhh::shhh: a great stealth set up!:smokin:

I was six years old and happened to be standing behind my friend ,looking over his shoulder waiting for a MR FREEZIE,and he was cutting it open with a steak knife and the knife got bound up in the plastic.I was looking over his shoulder as he yanked the knife loose and it hit me straight in the eye while it was wide open.

The most important thing when taking pictures is definitely light, especially indoors. The more, the better. Your camera flash works, but if you can use like a lamp or something, and get it really close to your subject (the bud!) then you can try taking pics without the camera flash. If there's enough light, then it will almost always be better than using the camera flash. Move the lamp around and take a few pics to see what you like better...that is, as long as you have a digital camera and enough space on your memory card!

Another cool thing is that if you put a white piece of posterboard or something similar (silver or gold can also work) on the other side of the subject from the lamp, you can change the angle of the card and reflect more light back into the shadows that are caused by the lamp.

Any cheap camera can make good pics, it's just a matter of working with whatcha got!

Back
Top Bottom