Just snapped a stem at the trunk!

Thanks for the reply Seniorweeder!

Yes, as of now the trunk is fine....in fact messing around with one of the other plants I did the same thing LOL but with gaffers tape I was able to repair it and it too showed no signs of stress. It isn't a vertical break either, the whole limb broke off due to aggressive HST.

That's a great idea using the hose clamp. I thought about that at first but my gaffers tape is a strong fibrous tape and so far is holding well.

I too am amazed at these plants too.
Hackle!

As I someone advised me way back,,, LST is a great form of training if done properly, theres little to no stress on the plant, increases yields and helps control size. The key is pulling them down a little at a time, every 2 days or so readjust the tie downs. I get mine out flat by the end and the smaller buds get bigger as a result!

I use zip ties for big and small splits. I just needed one yesterday. Here is a pic of a big split fix. This was a few years back in HI.

Wire tie.jpg

"The key is pulling them down a little at a time, every 2 days or so readjust the tie downs"

That's how I did it but I didn't spiral them in the direction they grew from the trunk, hence why they were snapping. Next year I'll pull them down and bend them in the opposite direction to mitigate the strain at the joint.

Back
Top Bottom