JUST transplanted but PROBLEMS!

davidhseo

I just transplanted my plant that is two weeks old into a ESTIMATED 2 gallon pot. When I took the plant out of the original pot... MOST of the soil was stuck with the plant keeping its original pot shape. But some of the soil at the bottom of the pot did not come out with the plant. I noticed there were some torn roots in the soil. Is this ok for the plant? Will it still grow? Am I supposed to give the plant any special medicine or something when I transplant?

Re: JUST transplanted but PROBLEMS!!!

it depends how big your going to let it grow. 2 gal may be enough. the plant will still grow. a couple of torn roots are ok.

blacturboteg420 said:
some torn roots it will be ok it will go in shock it will still grow but take a lil longer than normal to kget back to noraml.. supre thrive is good for shock

I agree with b420 superthrive is awsome, I transplanted mine 2 of them from about 2 gal to a 4 or 5 gal and using the superthrive it was like they never went into shock stil growing great. "Keep the ladies happy and they will return the favor"

I pre-moisted the soil and threw in some organic fertilizer that contained mycorrhizae a few days before I transplanted into a 5 gallon bucket. I went from a small solo cup to a half-cut two liter bottle then finally to the 5gal to see out the rest of its life. I cut lines down the ball of soil, some roots were lost, but nothing that will cause problems. I saw little to no shock, my local hydroponic store told me that the mycorrhizae help promote root growth. If I could do it again i would have seeded in a larger container then transplant only once into the 5gal. Backing up what RGBlaze and turboteg said, superthrive is highly esteemed in the root growing department however the organic fertilizer is an alternative.

u might want to massage the root ball a little when you transplant it. it will loosen things up and let the roots grow in a little less dense root bound soil. i have transplanted many things and with this method have never hurt a plant.

Back
Top Bottom