K.I.S.S. myGrowBox

SmokzAlot

My first addition to the community that has so willingly shared with me.

My simple and effective GrowBox. Levels of being affordable can be tailored by lighting and ventilation choices. In this thread I will attempt to share myGrowBox. I started with a piece of prefab cabinetry. Just your typical compressed board construction. Anything from a vertical storage cabinet to a full size wardrobe can work. My concept is a box that can support sativa or indica. SCROG or straight up with applications ranging from Fim to LST. I suggest a minimum vertical grow space of at least 48" to meet my gardening goals for this environment. Most lighting choices in this box concept wont do much good up to or past 30" of depth if you are lucky. As stated your mileage will vary based on lighting and required ventilation choices. When done it still looks like a piece of furniture in its original format on the outside. So get what blends in for your needs.

Basic needs:

Cabinet
weather stripping
3ea 4.75" muffin fans 120v
150w HPS and 2ea 150w CFLs in myGrowBox
Some assorted cardboard that I collected
Aluminum Tape
1ea used floor register
1 electrical box w/quad outlet and 8' cord and plug

That's it for the most part. Interior can be painted white or lined with a reflective material. Let your budget dictate.

More to come...

Being new here still, it's a bit late to share my progress with you, but I can share where I am at currently. Just under 3sq. ft. grow space in this box. The girls are currently about 6 weeks into flower. Started with 6 seedlings culled 4 males. Bagseed was the choice, as this is the first grow in this box. I started with 6ea 100w CFL in mixed spectrum. After 1 week in veg I added 150w HPS. (it was on order prior to grow) Vegged another 2 weeks added 2 150w CFL 41k side lights. At that point I increased my ventilation which now stands at 3 each 4.75 muffin fans 120v, with one as intake. This was in addition to my already existing passive intake. Maintain 74-80 degrees f. Between 45-60% humidity. Low wattage HPS allows me to push the vertical limits without heat stress. Once I entered 12/12 I exchanged the side CFL for 21k 150w. Sexed within 7-14 days and culled.

Based on the beautiful buds the results are evident.

Multi cola - topped plant
IMG_04799.JPG

Top of each side by side
IMG_048111.JPG

Big Single - non topped plant
IMG_047411.JPG

Hey smokz...setup looks good...but would love more detailed pics of the grow cab...(since that what were talking about here).....we all love DIY shit here...I wanna see the entire box pic, inside pics with equipment, other DIY things you've added from around the house and what not.....PS....your girls look amazing...nice work...:hippy:

Simple Cabinet, nutt'in fancy.

All you will notice is the barrel bolt that is to secure it so gaskets compress and seal. Magnetic catch on other half. Also you should notice the gasket in between the doors. I am working on eliminating that from sight by installing a back piece. Intake is via the cabinet floor and exhaust is on the backside. Both have light traps which I will attempt to explain as I can't access due to the Box being in use and placed.

I was thinking of drawing the GrowBox and what not in Google SketchUp for a detailed look inside. What ya think?

IMG_048814.JPG

Here you will notice I have removed all but one internal shelf. I chose to use a movable shelf system rather than to make the light movable. Shelf is not currently in use. It is ventilated to allow air flow. I would like to change it up to a open grill if I can find one that fits my box. If I find 2 racks I can use the other for a scrog on my existing pin system. I am all about multifunctional when possible.

The top right is my control bay I call it and the left side is currently storage, but is large enough for cloning or such.

IMG_048412.JPG

Control area consists of a 4 gang receptacle with an 8' grounded cord. Inside the makeshift duct is a muffin fan on the rear wall and hole through the shelf exhausting the grow area. This fan is in combination with one mounted behind the HPS fixture in the grow area.

IMG_048515.JPG

Intake system

Passive and Active systems. Consisting of a 4.75" intake muffin fan in center and an adjustable passive floor register in back wall. I also drilled some holes in the floor experimenting with various intake solutions. Started my box with one fan for exhaust and a totally passive intake. Didn't quite cut the mustard as we say. No issues now, consistent environment.

IMG_048612.JPG

:bravo: I'm LOVIN it my man.....I love the fancy grill on the air venting....I've got a garden full of un shit.....but wow awesome my man awesome ........I enjoy when it is closed up how hidden it is.....mine is very similar.. Word :ciao:

I think I am a lil late to this thread. Just wanted you to know that it was a fantastic read and I really wish i could join your ranks and grow where i am its just way to risky. Thanks for the Information that looks like a great grow op. Is this the box you are currently using or have you updated from the thread? Hit me back however is easiest for you

I think I am a lil late to this thread. Just wanted you to know that it was a fantastic read and I really wish i could join your ranks and grow where i am its just way to risky. Thanks for the Information that looks like a great grow op. Is this the box you are currently using or have you updated from the thread? Hit me back however is easiest for you

Right, me too! And they left it unfinished. No update on the yield, or how it was. WTF??? The box is awesome, and thats exactly what Ive been planning on doing. Good job on the grow, I just wish I knew what the dry weight yield was.

I was actively using till now, it is now growing veggies and my efforts are concentrated in myGrowRoom and soon Outdoors. I basically out grew the box, or my desire did. After the first harvest I started the room construction. I am considering moving it, and using it as a mother/veg box.

Right, me too! And they left it unfinished. No update on the yield, or how it was. WTF??? The box is awesome, and thats exactly what Ive been planning on doing. Good job on the grow, I just wish I knew what the dry weight yield was.

Sorry yield I never measured. It is a DIY about the box not a grow journal. I only showed the grow for proof of function and design. One can grow sativas in a box.

Yield was of no concern either in that grow. My concern was getting the environment tweaked. I find that easiest with a free grow. I did the same with my GrowRoom build.

I probably got 3-4oz out it at least. It was good. As matter of fact it's clones are running in my growroom. Pretty darn good for a Ditch Witch..

Back
Top Bottom