Keeping budding plants in plastic bags overnight

aphrodisia

Hi all. I have a question and would appreciate answers from anyone who has had any direct experience in this.
I have a few plants just begining to bud at the moment but due to work being carried out where I live I have to move them for 24 hours. My plan is to put each one in a black plastic bag together with the pots and tie up the bags but I am not sure how this will affect the plants till I can return them to their tent.
keeping them in black bags will keep any light from penetrating but then they wouldnt be getting any air so I am not sure how this will affect them.

For 24 hours you should be ok. Id do my best to keep the humidity in the room they're in, in check. Other than that,, I think you'll be ok.

For 24 hours you should be ok. Id do my best to keep the humidity in the room they're in, in check. Other than that,, I think you'll be ok.

Thanks for the reply, the whole thing is just one big pain in the ass really hate having to disturb them by moving them but got no choice. I was just worried that they wouldnt be getting any air seeing as plants still respire even in the dark period.

Yea,, no air isn't great I hear that. But, I'd be more concerned with light leaks and that type of disturbance. They're going to have wet or moist leaves when you pull the bag off. That's my guess anyway from doing something similar. But, you can deal with that on the spot and they'll bounce back fine. Good luck.

Glad to hear you are speaking from experience MassMedMan Yeah I think they should be ok too its only 24 hours or even less and they can go back in their tent, wet leaves are nothing serious as long as they dont wilt and die off.

Back
Top Bottom