Overnight temps

Greenevie

Hey guys,

I'll be growing in my basement which doesn't have any heating set up inside. It gets to about 4C or 39F overnight and am worried about for when my baby plant is down there at night.

Is there any way to deal with this? I could do the light cycles overnight, but of course I'd rather be awake incase of overheating and fire.

I'll be growing in a tent, does the tent retain heat over night? I'm also getting a carbon filter for the tent, and there is a possibility of growing in a walk in cupboard but I don't want the smell in the house, and I'm pretty sure the carbon filter won't cover all the smell.

I could get a little heater and leave it on overnight in the basement with the baby? But again, fire risk, and portable heaters like to eat alot of electric.

It stays pretty cold here overnight up until July, which I don't really want to wait for.

I could bring the plant inside overnight? This won't mess up the plant in any way? But again when it starts getting smelly, I don't really want to transport it inside. But perhaps when it gets a bit more smelly, it'll be a stronger more hardy plant and could withstand the average 4C at night?

Any tips or advice would be soooo wonderful, thank you!

I run my lights at night.
Fire = BAD, day or night. Have a good circuit with the proper wiring, breaker, and don't overload the circuit. Sleep well. I can't be around my plants 24/7 so safety first is the best solution regardless of when the lights are on. (BTW, I also use a small heater).

Great thanks!

I'm gonna move the plant inside at night, and by the time it gets a little more hardy, it'll be summer and be a bit warmer in the night. I'll sort out something a little better for winter months, and once I do the first grow and see how manageable the smell is, I'll be able to possibly grow in my cupboard.

Keep the pots off the concrete floor, It will drain the heat out of the pots. Mine are on a raised platform like a pallet with a layer of Styrofoam insulation on top :Rasta:

Yeah I have similar issues and I just run my lights at night. There's enough time overlap to work in there during lights on no problem. Sometimes I have to work in their during lights off and I use a green light for that. All electrical appliances have at risk of fire which you have to safeguard against properly. No reason that your grow shouldn't be as safe as the rest of your house.
I have two rooms next to each other and I time the veg room lights-on times to be on when the flower room is dark, for a little extra warmth.

Back
Top Bottom