chopping the bottoms of a plant for cuttings in flower

kneegrow

I have chopped the bottoms of my plants and made cuttings and put the plants ive cut into flower, I left the cuttings in the tent with the 2 plants I chopped by mistake and they dried up and died overnight. I was just wonder when it comes to chopping them in 3 weeks again for the last time, could I use whatever I have chopped as cittings even though technically they are in flower??

I have found a couple weeks in and you still can, more than a couple weeks in bloom and it does not seem to work with my strain. Also they take longer and then have to re-veg so slow growth at first .
Best to take the clones before you bloom instead of after...

flowering cuttings are preferred under 3 weeks,but yes you can take a cutting right up until chop,they just take longer to root

when they reveg they turn in to little mutant bushes

So as long as I take cuttings before it hits 3 weeks into flower I should be fine, just way take longer to root?

If you really like the genetics then take them earlier to avoid having problems or reveg your plant. What if to take clones three weeks in but they rot before roots form? It happens. Then you have lost the strain...
I keep mine in a seperate veg cabinet so I can take them early and keep main cabinet in perpetual bloom
image17117.jpg

So as long as I take cuttings before it hits 3 weeks into flower I should be fine, just way take longer to root?

they will root normal,if ya get them before the 3rd week,after the 3rd week they still root,but it takes a little longer

as long as the plant is alive you can take cutting,just the farther along,the longer it takes

some guys trim the plants down to a few leaves and reveg the whole plant,I dont do it,but there is a couple on here that have ran the same plant for 3 or more harvest.

Thank you I think I'm going to wait till 14 days into flowering then re trim them and take cuttings then leave till there finisher

Back
Top Bottom