Cloning a whole plant

i wonder if you could take it out of the soil and and give the roots a good wash in water to remove any soil or maybe even trim them down first, there might even be a pesticide u can wash them in and then transplant. i could be wrong but just an idea

if you go for the wash off method, i reccomend you fill a bath the night before and a few bottles of water to boil to add heat (water that has settled for time is safer for the plant and it would be self defeating if you just turned on the hot tap to warm it up) once the water is settled.

Ideally the water temprature should be the same as the soil so the plant doesnt notice too much.

you may want to add some nutrients or root care formulae into this water to reduce shock (im not to up to date on all this chemical growing)

and finally and most difficult, you want to wash the soil off in the dark. if you can see what your doing then there is too much light for the roots.

the plants are about 57 days in to veg but not that tall. I was considering doing the root wash but i have a feeling that will put the plant under alot of stress, i know cutting it off at the base would to but then it wouldnt be trying to grow it would be trying to re root.

If any one has any experience with doing this please let me know!

I wouldn't recommend cutting it off at the base as the stress of this would mean that even if the plant was able to re-root the time taken for it to resume normal growth would be far larger than it would be to take a soft stem cutting (on the newest growth) and start again. Alternatively you could just flush the plant with pesticides.

if your going to take clones of it you might aswell try and do the whole plant aswell as, what have you got to lose. if it works then ul no u can do it for future reference, if not then atleast uv already got some clones of her

Bike what chu smokin man pass that stuff over here for real haha lol.
I say go for it and make a journal Im pre subbed if you get one root on that plant I will nominate you for member of the month!! Just kidding that would be awsome you would have to foilar feed like every day and probably set it in a dwc bubbler type device to give it a big long drink every day. I just cant see it growing enough roots fast enough to support it. clones have got to be your easiest and quickest option! You might get miwa to graft it to something lol. sorry Miwa I had to you are a jack of all growing trades which is cool.

It would be better and quicker to take clones from her.

Even if you didn't kill the plant, the time it will take for it to recover will be much longer than it takes for clones to take and grow.

Also, if you are having pest problems, if you don't get rid of them now, they will just come back.

Bike what chu smokin man pass that stuff over here for real haha lol.
I say go for it and make a journal Im pre subbed if you get one root on that plant I will nominate you for member of the month!! Just kidding that would be awsome you would have to foilar feed like every day and probably set it in a dwc bubbler type device to give it a big long drink every day. I just cant see it growing enough roots fast enough to support it. clones have got to be your easiest and quickest option! You might get miwa to graft it to something lol. sorry Miwa I had to you are a jack of all growing trades which is cool.

Can chop the top of a pineapple and with a bit of love and care it will grow you a brand new pineapple. Why not with a lovely cannabis plant.

Worth taking the cuttings then having a go at re-rooting the whole plant. Well worth the experiment :D

Back
Top Bottom