DWC Clone question

gunja

I've just put together a DWC setup for clones. I currently have no chemicals in the water it's just tap water thats been left out for a while. I dipped the clone in clonex and just chucked her in. I was wondering if i put some very diluted bloom solution into the mix would it be of any benifit? thanx guys

I use the clonex solution in mine. Seems like it would be better to have something for root development and clones then blooming nutes... Did you PH the water?

if water temp is 68-72 does room temperature play a roll in cloning. All mine have failed so far. Room temp was about 40-45...

Brrr... winter down under this time of year. Clones should be in the range your water temps are. How are the clones failing? As in, what specifically is going on?

Brrr... winter down under this time of year. Clones should be in the range your water temps are. How are the clones failing? As in, what specifically is going on?

yea shes pretty bitter here at the moment!

well ill give you a bit more background. I have a timer set to run the pump for 15mins on 30mins off. Is it possible to develop an air embolysim if cutting was only dunked for 5-10 min in water before loading it in the cloner? Also realised i did not ph the tap water duh!

What seems to be happening is cuttings look fine for about a week then start to droop and leaves yellow right off. Looking at the stem, the tip looks hardened and brown with absolutely no sign of root development...

yea shes pretty bitter here at the moment!

Does it get down to -40 in NZ? Gets like that here a lot. Frost by mid August sometimes. Pissing rain the last couple of weeks. Crop's in. Looking good. :0)

I built one here out of a small Rubbermaid tub. Kind of like a smaller version of my DWC grow tubs. I didn't find it any better than cloning in dirt so haven't bothered lately. I kept the pump on all the time with a cut down 12" air stone to fit the tub. I always dunked my clones right in the gel after cutting, no soak. Then into the lid of the tub. Water level about an inch below the bottom of the stems. RO water with a few drops of Super Thrive so the pH should be 7 tho I never checked. Is your water chlorinated or it could be hard. Do you know the PPM? Get a water report from your town office or city hall and see what's in there if you plan on using it for growing.

You could try using RO or distilled water next time with a little Super Thrive or seaweed extract. Less than a mil of either. I added a few drops of 35% peroxide as well.

Lots of luck for your next go at it. Keep the faith!

Back
Top Bottom