Getting really cold overnight, do you think they're ready?

Pjpoppet

It’s getting down to 4 degrees c overnight here, I’m getting concerned about mould issues, it’s a closet DWC grow in the shed, can’t run a heater, I’m running the lights at nights, but it’s still bloody cold, do you think there almost there, I’m thinking a week, just concerned that when I feel the buds they feel quite cold and almost moist.
0FE27E14-6BAF-4E78-A33B-C7B85B29ADC0.jpeg
BDCA81C1-FF72-4A87-9380-259735547BD9.jpeg

If that is how most the bud looks I would start flushing. All nice and milky and only a little amber specs. You will get a few more before flush is done. Looks good. What strain? Just go to clean Ph water in your dwc and it should be perfect for a week or 2 flush.looks like your pistels are not quite done a better look at the whole bud would help. Maybe wait another week pending the pistels. The plants does nice things when it cools down. Oh just noticed that was 4 degrees. Ok your pushing the limit. Don't let it freeze definitely start flush and go day by day on temps.

Look at all those white hairs

She has a long time to go in my opinion

But yer call

Do t judge trics by sugar leaves, they. Degrade faster

I see no brown pistils at all-she looks to be in mid flower,so you're about halfway there...
Cold temps or not,you'd make this whole thing a waste of time if you harvest now...
Just keep plenty of air circulating in there 24/7,and let her go.
Actually ,with the lower temps,you've got less a chance of mold forming-mold likes it a bit warmer.

Seriously, I’m with them. Don’t chop anytime soon. She doesn’t even have a single brown hair. Another month is how long you’ve got before you should really start checking trichomes.. then from there you might have another week or two.

Also don’t flush in a dwc system. That’s bad advice. You’d be robbing your plant of the opportunity to fatten up. Flushing vs nonflushing has been proven, nonflushed plants have no more nutrient matter than flushed plants. So dont starve her when she could put more weight on for you.

Wow, that a awesome looking plant. I would try to move that to warmer. Easily could go a lot longer. But 4degrees. I would cry to see that die. It will still be smokeable but killing a plant before harvest.. does wierd shit too( higher mold and condensation risk ). Still going be awesome early harvest either way. Dwc pushing the cold air in the water. Cools it even faster. So. I would still play it safe unless you can get a small overnight heater for a few weeks

it's doing a great job. I see the cfl in the pic and thought no way that was all. I just switched my light and anxious to see how my grow turns out. I supplementing with lizard uv bulbs and running 300w of bridgelux strips. Still might add some far red as well. I have similar light to the vipar you have it does ok but needs a supplement as we'll. using it for veg for now.

Good grow ya got goin'.

it's doing a great job. I see the cfl in the pic and thought no way that was all. I just switched my light and anxious to see how my grow turns out. I supplementing with lizard uv bulbs and running 300w of bridgelux strips. Still might add some far red as well. I have similar light to the vipar you have it does ok but needs a supplement as we'll. using it for veg for now.
for flowering
B35EB1E9-10B5-4E5F-B2E4-6F6695B69FFC.png

Wow, that a awesome looking plant.
That it is...I'm sorry,but I forgot to compliment you, @Pjpoppet on that beauty... :bravo:
Maybe cold weather isn't as bad for them as we think...;)

You could add more CFL's or a heatlamp? I that thing is a good month from a great harvest. What lighting are you using ?
I agree, at least 30 more days...a heat lamp will work especially when the lights are off, but the light will effect the plant during flowering so a small space heater is better, just remember to cover the power source light with black tape.

Bit of an update, it’s been colder here, record low temps of 0 degrees overnight, closet is getting down to 10 overnight, she’s suffering from calcium and mag issues, however still growing, no signs of mould yet thank goodness, anyway here’s some shots.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom