Kief vs. hash?

On the subject of getting a bag of keif, I have a mate that just collects it from his electric grinder, but he doesn't like it, I don't think he realizes it is so good even though he is a long time smoker. Anyway, he will just flog off that keif cheap as because he doesn't like it, I always get like half an oz bag (not in weight, in actual bag size) worth for 30 bucks, he is happy as because otherwise it just sits there so he makes money and I get extra high :).

On topic though, I prefer hash, but it depends in which manner of smoking really. I think hash in general gets me more high, they can both be very harsh on the throat, it just depends on the the hash/keif.

:peace:

Hash has more thc content in it, its more like resin, keif is more like weed its crystals and hairs and tiny pieces of bud. I like kief cause of taste bud hash last longer ans gets you higher.

This is two oz of pure sour and only og kush kief. The black one is oz of hash made from small buds shakes and trims. The kief is from coffee grinder saved after smoking about half a pound. If I made that kief that would be so strong. So
IMO it all depends on quality of hash/kief that's makes it potent but hard hash burns better and last longer and gives a more relaxing couch lock
Buzz and kief gives a bit exciting high. Love it both.

385B3895.jpg

43D209EC.jpg

How much does a gram of sour d and og kush keif cost around?

Hi, I Just smoked some hash actually, correct me if I'm wrong, But isn't kief just trichromes which fell through a sifted mesh, in powder form or solid pressed form its still kief. Hash on the other hand is kief pressed and baked below 325F preferably at 175F for 10minutes. I believe there are other ways of making kief like ethanol or Maybe I'm mistaken. Anyways back to the subject, I love both methods of smoking! but to me hash feels stronger. Kief compared to hash feels a little dirtier but cleaner than smoking bud. Hope this helps!

Hi, I Just smoked some hash actually, correct me if I'm wrong, But isn't kief just trichromes which fell through a sifted mesh, in powder form or solid pressed form its still kief. Hash on the other hand is kief pressed and baked below 325F preferably at 175F for 10minutes. I believe there are other ways of making kief like ethanol or Maybe I'm mistaken. Anyways back to the subject, I love both methods of smoking! but to me hash feels stronger. Kief compared to hash feels a little dirtier but cleaner than smoking bud. Hope this helps!

I'm not sure where you're getting your info from but I've never once heard people say hash is baked, especially seeing as how the temperature range you've given can heat the hash enough to vaporize it. Although when I used to press hash alot I did heat it sometimes, but never once did I bake it for 10 minutes

Kief is a term used to describe loose trichomes. You cannot make kief with ethanol, the second you introduce a solvent to the process you are no longer making hash you're making a concentrate. When you top a bowl with kief, you may notice it has a tendency to melt into itself and can clog your bowl a little bit. When you press the trichomes together you get hash, hash burns slower than keif because it has less oxygen by volume which means hash is also more potent in terms of volume.

I find hash doesn't irritate the throat as much as kief does, but it can be hard to smoke hash on it's own. With hash I would say the main difference is the amount of actives you can pack into a single bowl. A gram of hash will probably fill the average size bowl whereas a gram of keif would probably fill it three maybe four times.

I gave some of my clippings to a buddie that hlped me trim he got way over that amount of kief. In canada im sure that's a dime a dozen.

ya i was gonna say as well, I was gifted about ten lbs of trim to process and i got about 6 ozs of good kief out of it and now pressing into hash with a nice T-press found on amazon. i am giving him half the yield as a thank you. its not hard to get a lot of hash if you can find a grower with a loooot of good shake. and i process the trim a second time after the hash process to make a cbd rich hash oil since it was made from mostly sativa dominant hybrid strains. and all high grade organic greenhouse! made for great quality.
cheers

I'm not sure where you're getting your info from but I've never once heard people say hash is baked, especially seeing as how the temperature range you've given can heat the hash enough to vaporize it. Although when I used to press hash alot I did heat it sometimes, but never once did I bake it for 10 minutes

Kief is a term used to describe loose trichomes. You cannot make kief with ethanol, the second you introduce a solvent to the process you are no longer making hash you're making a concentrate. When you top a bowl with kief, you may notice it has a tendency to melt into itself and can clog your bowl a little bit. When you press the trichomes together you get hash, hash burns slower than keif because it has less oxygen by volume which means hash is also more potent in terms of volume.

I find hash doesn't irritate the throat as much as kief does, but it can be hard to smoke hash on it's own. With hash I would say the main difference is the amount of actives you can pack into a single bowl. A gram of hash will probably fill the average size bowl whereas a gram of keif would probably fill it three maybe four times.

i agree, also pressing into hash has the benefit of preserving the quality. as i posted earlier i use a t-press and i do heat it over an electric stove while its in the press but on low to medium heat nowhere near that temperature and only for about 30 seconds at a time and then give it a careful twist. then repeat till you cant twist it anymore then cool it in the freezer. loose pollen can get dust and things like that in it easily but not after its pressed. it can be stored much longer and smokes way better. Im still trying to achieve a full-melt par yeild so still perfecting the craft but so far im happy with my results. still very potent and smokes great. the higher the quality of kief, the less heat and pressure will be needed to achieve a good press.

I get about 2 plus ounces a harvest. I use dry ice shake the hell out of it I have boldt bags I use or a shaker with varrying size screens. We just watch TV and shake about 2 oz of trim in there I'll up load pics later I've even had it tested once I pressed

First off, Hash is Kief compressed or pressed or baked or rolled into a clump, chunk or cake or patty or round ball.
KIEF is removed trichomes, also called Resin Glands in the UK and Europe. In some countries, they mistakenly call Kief Pollen.

When we smoke to get high, we are inhaling the gases and moisture and chemicals and whatever did NOT burn and espcaped the fire. Consequently, we do not want a VERY HOT fire or a flaming fire that burns all of that up int he flames, we want a slow burn to deliver and get more smoke.

When I smoke KIEF in a pipe, and hit it with a flame, it goes WOOF! and burns very fast and hot. If I take that Kief and roll it around in between my fingers, or squeeze it and compress it into a chunk or clump, it burns much much slower. When I smoke HASH, it burns slowly across the chunk, like charcoal burns across from side to side and I get more smoke< I need less of it, and I get higher.

For more history and details on Hash, look at my link in my signature.
Tulip makes a good point, slow constant combustion, richer clouds, thick and generous. A comparison would be the Jamaican method of chalice smoking.

Kief on average tends to include alot of plant matter, unless a professional is sifting it to 90%+ pure trichomes. When pressed with a small amount of heat the thc is activated and therefor cures it, mellows the smoke and the adulterant plant matter tends to be less harsh as well. Kief isn't exactly cured, its raw so any plant matter in a poor sift will burn harsh. Clean kief can be harsh too, but that's because there is no cure occurring, the thc hasn't been decarboxylated which is why for centuries hash producing countries have heat-pressed their hashish. Contrary to popular belief of heat-pressing being excersized to aid in smuggling, its rather a method to cure the cannabis' trichome.

I've learned more about the difference between the two in this thread than during my whole life! But then again, I didn't even know what "Kief" was until my grown kids schooled me a few years ago when I heard the term. What can I say ... I do remember some crazy Lebanese Blond Hash in the 1970s that was intense! Also, is it "Keif", "Kief" or "Keef" ?

So we have been filtering our trim and have acquired quite a large amount of kief, the problem is everyone here is using wax/shatter so it seems there is no market for kief alone, can anyone suggest what to do to modify all of this to make it easier to attach the wax/shatter users?
Any help will be highly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom