Leaf edges flipped up?

Anyone know why the leaves on this one are flipped up on the very edge of the leaf? Ph is 6.6, been feeding light nutes, heat may be a tad high at 85ish.

IMG_1389.JPG

Thank you kindly...

Leaf curling up on edges is the plant trying to transpire heat, but from the looks of the PIC that plant it just fine! maybe back off the light a little thats another reason it is so stacked. It looks like you are using a Floreusent light from the looks of the excellent growth and color.

My leaves are starting to curl up what do i do

What I did was back the light away about 8 more inches and adjusted ph. Mine dropped down to 6 and brought it back up to 6.5. It eventually straightened out. Do you have pics? Leaves will curl in different ways depending on the cause. Mine never curled just flipped up and at its worse actually folded up along the center vein sort of like folding a dollar bill long ways. Leaves that curl like claws may be a different issue all together.

here a pic of my grow room
my medium is perlite/v
hydro ph 6
130watts fogg lamp
13" from plants
temp is 85 not sure of humidity
tamatoes feeding
every monday i change the water and put new food and purified water and sum hormones

the light should be in the proper spectrum for vegging/growing. An ordinary flood light may not be sufficient to sustain healthy growth in a plant. the plant you had a pic of is a little lanky maybe its searching for the right kind of light? My room gets to about 85 mid day but my plants do alright. there is plenty of fresh air moving across them.

I would say look into a HO cfl that is 5500K or 6500K in color. Or a nice 2 foot floro veg light if it will fit. make sure you do not over feed. Are the leaves still green I could not tell on the one that was curled up the most. If they are discoloring then ph and nutes may be off. I'm not a hydro guy but I thought hydro should have ph in the 5's. Double check that.

I'm pretty sure thats a heat lamp for a bathroom that is def not what you want. To start with just run to home depot and grab some 100watt equivalent CFL's that are cool or 5500K/6500K in color. These will have the proper blue spectrum for vegging. Some people have done entire grows with these and they are fairly inexpensive to buy/operate if cost is a concern.

Search for Boss's poor man grow he did that with all CFL's I believe.

Back
Top Bottom