Leaves cupping up

AgedMaster

my plant is cupping could it be the pk i fed pk for 9 days i stopped today there's no nute burn on edges. I also changed light to 600w from 400w some of the leaves that are cupping are 4 ft from light could it be shock from light change she is a autoflower. The one closest on photo is in a cup and has been fed same strength nutes as other 2 and has no nute burn other 2 have slight nute burn on tips i also have no intake so no wind blowing around its only the plant at the back that is cupping
WP_20230303_18_15_18_Pro - Copy.jpg

Hi Mate - a lot of plants do the hard-on look after PK, esp if you upped the light too; wouldn't be at all worried about that
The lack of fresh air circulating will prohibit optimal growth though
Tends to lead to spindly growth and fluffy buds
Thanks pal i just put intake back in I put it near air vent I also increased fan speed my other plant looks fine buds look fat its a different strain though the side stems are 6ft its grown wild ive had to tie it and snap it I don't no why i removed intake ive removed it twice

Overall they look very good! Just keep an eye on it, if it gets worse, try moving the light up a few inches.
Hi pal my light is top of tent one of my autos went wild its about 7 and a half ft ive had to snap it down and tie it down because it kept growing back up past light its only in 2 gal of coco and clay pebbles

Changing lights does not "shock" a plant. The plants in the picture have growth characteristics of plants that are not getting enough light.

Increasing light levels now will help improve the plant quality and yield.
My plants still have at least 5 weeks left they will get fat not a single leaf has faded yet or pistil oranged. The light is close enough any closer they will burn hps is different to led they get way hotter. And increase in light can shock a plant it can increase transpiration the tent is in the same room as me and i smoke 7g weed a day and tobacco a lot of co2 i think its overdosing on co2 so it cant take all the light in because stomata is closing hours before lights out

ive also only noticed now as its the first time ive grown autos in winter in the summer i have windows open and my door so less co2 i cant have door open now as every time someone walks in main door a gust of cold air comes in under front door i might have to grow photoperiod in the winter 8 hours less light so less co2 intake

My plants still have at least 5 weeks left they will get fat not a single leaf has faded yet or pistil oranged. The light is close enough any closer they will burn hps is different to led they get way hotter. And increase in light can shock a plant it can increase transpiration the tent is in the same room as me and i smoke 7g weed a day and tobacco a lot of co2 i think its overdosing on co2 so it cant take all the light in because stomata is closing hours before lights out
You may be think of photosynthesis being impacted by light. Transpiration is primarily a function of VPD and windspeed.

ive also only noticed now as its the first time ive grown autos in winter in the summer i have windows open and my door so less co2 i cant have door open now as every time someone walks in main door a gust of cold air comes in under front door i might have to grow photoperiod in the winter 8 hours less light so less co2 intake
Yeh, cold air blasts aren't helpful for growing. My grow is in an unheated garage in Southern California. Our temps have been >= 10° below the climatic average and the temp in my garage is hitting the mid-60's. To f'ing cold.

You may be think of photosynthesis being impacted by light. Transpiration is primarily a function of VPD and windspeed.
The light opens stomata then the heat from light increases transpiration its the heat from increase in light thats what i meant i just explained bad. Ive seen pics of plants where the plant is basically touching led vetsmoke plants in 2ltr pots if that was a hps they would frazzle 600w leds run at 104f 600w hps run at 626f. roy got it right it was bad air flow u helped with that before i just took it back out because i germinated another seed and temps was to cold pulling air from vent ive put seedling on a wicker basket now

Back
Top Bottom