Leaves reaching for the light

Monjezi

hey, I'm very new to this site and i have no clue about how it works but I'm sure ill learn it with time !!

i have 4 plants right now that just sprouted 8 days ago, 3 pineapple kush and 1 blue mystic.
I've done a lot of research on the internet but i can't seem to find anything about leaves reaching for light..

temp around 30°C daytime and 22-24°C night time using.
using biobizz grow and biobizz light mix with 250 watts hps lighting..mini fan in the center on the tent facing the light but not blowing on the plants.

im not sure if you guys can see the pic but ill try again if its not visible :))

help and tips are appreciated I'm new at this and its my 3rd try

ive noticed the same but these seem like they are reaching a bit much but i can't put the light closer.. its already to warm

I'm just afraid if i put the light higher that the plants will stretch more.. but the temp does drop when i move it up and i do have a fan in the middle of the tent pointing downwards but it sucks the humidity

my leaves go up and down all the time.. all the way thru flower sometimes during flower my plants completely change the angle of there leaves to angle themselves twords the light.. its kinda cool.. there putting themselves in optimum positioning to take in light... as far as babies even in my Veg area sometimes my leaves are reaching up just a tad bit usually they do this while my soil is dry.. after a water they lower back down... but i have had it happen under my LED in bloom room.. and under T5 in veg room

my leaves go up and down all the time.. all the way thru flower sometimes during flower my plants completely change the angle of there leaves to angle themselves twords the light.. its kinda cool.. there putting themselves in optimum positioning to take in light... as far as babies even in my Veg area sometimes my leaves are reaching up just a tad bit usually they do this while my soil is dry.. after a water they lower back down... but i have had it happen under my LED in bloom room.. and under T5 in veg room

Indeed I have a 400 mh I'm vegging under and they still rwach. Which is another point. You should ge g an mh bulb for veg netted of hps.

yeah its the same for me i noticed they went back down.. thank you !!

if you want you can try messing with the light distance until you can dial in a spot were plants seem to do good with if you can lower or raise the light then just raise each plant you may think is to far away..once comfortable move them back down!... I personally in my veg room the first week or two the plants grow into my T5 so they stretch a REAL SMALL BIT. (3 inches max) then they are in a perfect position and the nodes start growing perfectly for me until i swap them into my bloom room and start a new batch in the Veg room!

so i shouldnt worry about the leaves going up but find the right temp for them ??

so i shouldnt worry about the leaves going up but find the right temp for them ??

dont stress to badly over the leaves reaching upwards.. if they are just angled up and the plant is not stretching and becoming tall/skiny and wobbly then you should be good.. as long as the growth is acceptable the nodes aren't too far apart everything is all good!!

What temps are you running at right now?? Temperature should ALWAYS be controlled

*sorry diddnt see you posted temps at the beginning*

anyway my veg room i keep at 77-79 i like my veg room to run a LITTLE hotter then my bloom room and i keep my RH around 45% during veg the humidity seems to help my babies grow into themselves

dont stress to badly over the leaves reaching upwards.. if they are just angled up and the plant is not stretching and becoming tall/skiny and wobbly then you should be good.. as long as the growth is acceptable the nodes aren't too far apart everything is all good!!

What temps are you running at right now?? Temperature should ALWAYS be controlled

temp 27°C hum 41% the lights are off and are turning back on in 5 hours or so..

usually ON time it drops to 30 % and heat goes up to 33°C

they are on books so the floor doesn't suck the heat from them..

temp 27°C hum 41% the lights are off and are turning back on in 5 hours or so..

usually ON time it drops to 30 % and heat goes up to 33°C

they are on books so the floor doesn't suck the heat from them..

what light schedule are you using if you don't mind me asking

during veg 18/6 , 20/4 , or 24/0 is what 90% of growers will choose from.
I'm currently using 24/0 during veg with my T5's when i used to do 18/6 my leaves would be droopy when lights come back on and then right before they turned off they would be back angled upwards twords light. many things can play a factor to why the leaves reach up.. but like i said as long as you don't have major stretching.. temps are in the correct range.. then i wouldn't worry about the leaves angled up!

Happy growing and good luck with your babies

*sorry diddnt see you posted temps at the beginning*

anyway my veg room i keep at 77-79 i like my veg room to run a LITTLE hotter then my bloom room and i keep my RH around 45% during veg the humidity seems to help my babies grow into themselves

thank you for the help !!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom