Twisted leaves

187Blacka

Hello! I have a 27 days old autoflowering northern lights (my first grow) and the new leaves are twisted.
Lights are : 4 x 23w cfl and 2 x 30w led . temps are betwin 25-27 C. Also i noticed that the newest node has only 1 branch.
twisted2.jpg
twisted1.jpg

There are a few issues there. Those pics show overdosing of multiple nutrients. What kind of medium are you using? If you are in soil you it is way too hot and you can do a flush. It may also help get you a longer veg time and bigger plant. If you let that run as is... the stress likely will cause early flowering and possibly a little early hermi before it gets settled into bloom.

Autos are more sensitive and may flower at the first sign of stress. I have had them flower on hot organic compost soil at 8 inches.

A normal plant I would say don't bother really because the plant will use it up in veg and you will be fine but for an auto you want to cool that down.

Medium is a seed starter (peat moss and sand) and i added 30% perlite. I will flush but how can i control the veg time since it is a auto?
I run 24/0 btw. I have another question: those are preflowers right? This is my first grow so i looked it up online and they kind of look like they are but they are wierd, only 1 little hair and it dosen't really look like it should imo. Sorry for the pic, my phone is prety shit.
pref1.jpg

No worries. That is totally normal growth and nothing to worry about. She looks rather healthy just overfeed. Guess what...very common for an early grower..this makes you normal.

People use them but peat moss and sand are not recommended for cannabis. Just too many reasons why to list. In your case if you really have a medium of just those 2 and perlite you have made it more difficult on yourself.

There is a rainbow spectrum of mediums you can grow in. You are using essentially what is called a dead medium as you have no organic activity happening (no good bacteria breaking down things and fixing roots). In such a medium you must more precisely control the regimen which requires more experience and knowledge than growing in a good soil mix.

In general riding lower on the fertilizers is better and will stimulate more and better growth. Riding high will cause bad taste and many other issues. Newbs always get it backwards and think fertilizers are food and the more the better and nothing could be more wrong. Fertilizers are support like your vitamin pill. you can live just fine on MacDonald's but without your veggies and vitamins some how your body will not repair itself well or maintain well. Same with plants. The food is the light source. So if you had more light and better temps and humidity you could raise the fertilizers a bit. But raising them just to stuff nutes in there doesn't help.

In your case you show multiple over abundance issues including the dreaded Nitrogen overdosing which can lead to stunted slowed growth.

The nice thing about your medium is since it is dead and has no inherent nutrient value it is easier to flush out.

So wait till she dries out a bit. Then I would take the plant to the bathtub. Run water through it and let it run as fast as you can get water in without going over the top and having it drain for 15 min or so. Constant flush for a good 15 min will clean out the worst of it.

pH a bucket of water and run the last bucket through at the proper pH to make everything happy. After a week or so it will be ready for a watering and you can start at 1/3 the nutes you were at and will be fine. Understand the leaves are used to stor up nutrients and they are overfull now. the plant has stored up plenty to get by for a while so just go easy.

As to the question of how to control veg time... you don't. They are programmed to bloom on a certain date. All we can do are bad things that will cause it to flower early. The goal is to keep it happy so it stays in Veg as long as possible and makes as big a base from which to bloom as possible.

Autos are more difficult to grow for many reasons as you are not in control of them. You are along for the ride. You have to try to maintain a perfect environment. Regulars you can correct and fix a lot of things that in autos if you screw it up you have to live with it. With regulars you can even regrow them and get a second harvest very easily so you can literally fix anything with the right know how.

Back
Top Bottom