Gettin' Twisted

So, I'm pretty sure this is a pH imbalance of sorts, but I want other expert opinions on the matter. Leaves are twisting. The new growth looks pretty good, but the first set of leaves continues to twist more and more each day. Not too worried about it since these will be cut, but if its a pH imbalance then I need to get in under control. I have a pH pen, and assumed it would be calibrated out of the box... My mistake. lol. pH calibration solution will be here tomorrow. So what say ye?

She is 10 days old from sprouting. Soil is FF Happy Frog, no nutes. Under 400w MH. Temp 73-80, RH 45%

IMG_064322.JPG
IMG_064422.JPG
IMG_064532.JPG

Looks like a ph thing to me. For the record, when I got my pen and recalibrated it it was off by 0.7-1.0

Yeah, that has to be the problem. I have only truly watered her once, and I made damn sure my water was exactly 6.5 before the watering.

Used RO water with PPM of 80 and pH adjusted to 6.5 going in, run off was PPM of 218 and pH of 5.8
^From Journal^

So if it is off by ~1.0 then that makes a huge difference in those numbers.

Stealthboat, do you calibrate your pen before each watering?

I've calibrated my pen twice in the past 3 months or so using 7.0 solution. The second time it was off by 0.3 I think, maybe 0.5.

Calibrated tonight, it was .2 on the high side. Not too bad.

If I am watering with 6.5 and the runoff is 5.6, does that mean my soil pH is too low? Do I need to water with a higher pH in order to "offset" the difference?

Calibrated tonight, it was .2 on the high side. Not too bad.

If I am watering with 6.5 and the runoff is 5.6, does that mean my soil pH is too low? Do I need to water with a higher pH in order to "offset" the difference?

Not sure, I only have experience with peat moss. What is your soil brand and stuff?

Back
Top Bottom