Twisting leaves, new growth

i see this post is originally pretty old but did you find the problem?
im assuming it is high ph because i have had the same looking leaves and i assumed it was high ph.
my runoff was at 7.0 in cocopeat from not watering it correctly or not low enough my ph
my current plan still has the same twists i hope you didnt harvest early, i just have it riding out, at this point in flower no new growth to base anything off of, so hard to tell if i corrected it when i flushed or not.

i see this post is originally pretty old but did you find the problem?
im assuming it is high ph because i have had the same looking leaves and i assumed it was high ph.
my runoff was at 7.0 in cocopeat from not watering it correctly or not low enough my ph
my current plan still has the same twists i hope you didnt harvest early, i just have it riding out, at this point in flower no new growth to base anything off of, so hard to tell if i corrected it when i flushed or not.
My conclusion was that the phenotype was just crazy. The leaves were supper twisted till the day I harvested. The worst of the twisting took place during the switch from veg to flower. Turned out to be a great harvest even though I could have waited a couple days.

I am starting to see this exact same thing with my first grow.
But I'm still not sure what the answer is good/bad/treatable/no worries...?
IMG_20200312_202119001.jpg

Starting to see this same twisting on my new plants.
Ok... Feeling a little more at ease about this topic now! Thank you!
If this is the start of flowering, I'm happy!
4wk auto. 3gal cloth pot. 600watt led. Nutes every other water
IMG_20200312_202119001.jpg

Thank you for your response.
I'm using happy frog pH balance
I would make sure you water (slowly) until you have about 1L of run off since you’ve never done that before. Could cause a major buildup of salts. Combined with the flowing nutrients I’m guessing you’ll be using in the coming weeks, it could cause serious problems. I wouldn’t do I full flush but make sure you’re during your only water days that you get runoff. Remember that the roots are the heart of your plant. And with no runoff, a lot of the nutrients is being stored in the soil. Once you have run off you should PH test it. Ph can change massively once it’s gone trough soil. The twisting should be fine unless you’re lights are too close, ph is normal, and temps and humidity is normal.

Ok I read through some of these posts and I have a similar situation and what I have come up with is N uptake is too high...my soil is 6.5, nutes 6.5 (even straight phd water), and twist....Straight non ph'd water no twist... So to me it seems like since my soil and nutes have plenty of N the plants cant grow fast enough and/or its keeping other nutes from being taken up in the required amount for how much N is being taken in so the leaves start to twist. With a higher ph it allows other nutes to to be taken in more..... Anyone with this issue try bumping up your ph a little say 6.5 to 6.7 or even 6.8 and see if it stops it. Did for me.... Currently have Strawberry Eclair and French Macaroon growing, both were twisting, last grow did too, thought it was my nutrient doseage but no....

I’m using just the standerd miracle grow potting soil. I made sure it wasn’t the kind that has time released nutrients. For some reason the website won’t let me post any more pictures. Trying to figure it out
ED8E870B-50C7-486A-8E53-FB23A44AAAFD.jpeg
C56F2241-256E-495F-8699-141D242575AD.jpeg
9A0AB9FC-8B7B-4738-AB2D-47234D56F249.jpeg
C56F2241-256E-495F-8699-141D242575AD.jpeg
28A1B737-0BE2-4769-9186-7005AE8BC4A3.jpeg
28A1B737-0BE2-4769-9186-7005AE8BC4A3.jpeg
FFF74838-5C91-4A47-9D1B-FB9E67DBD8E5.jpeg
mine look like this ,thanks for posting,this is 6 weeks after germination

Screenshot_666.png

MGR, I look at what I do here and on other boards as a sacred duty to help advise people on their medical grows. Some very kind people helped me out when I was new and with the knowledge I gained I was able to produce the medicine that helped my Aunt lead a normal life for the first time in years, away from all the meds that were turning her into a zombie. Since then I have helped many patients in my area start and maintain their own gardens, and I have been a presence in the online growing world, helping people for the better part of the last 10 years.
It offends me when I see someone throwing out bad information to patients who need their medicine and are counting on the "experts" out here in the growing world to show them what they are doing wrong. There are no dumb questions and I have found over the years that I am very good at explaining to people about pH and soil and watering.
So, I come to this with a bit of experience. I have seen a lot and I can clearly see when plants are in the switch. The OP, Rrand clearly stated that his plant was an Auto and it was on 24/0. I don't need some article or some reference to prove to you what I can see with my own blinking eyes...
... this twist that you now have him all nervous about is nothing more than converting over to flower. You have gone on for post after post pontificating, and now arguing with me, over nothing. I fail to see how this is helpful to a new grower. Please be sure of your facts before posting them or be willing to be challenged by folks like me who will not let misinformation be spread. It is too important to these people to take chances on their grows, recommending they do this or that, if you don't know for sure and have to look it up on the internet.
Rrand... congratulations... there is no problem. Sit back and watch the pretty flowers form.
I can comfirm this as my Blue cheese autos are doing this exactly 2 weeks into Pre flowering ..I always freak out about the twisting and last time backed my lights away for no reason thinking heat stress.Solid advice and If i need advice im coming to u Emilya

Check out the pictures. I just added more. Thanks! :)
I get This Exact Same Problem on almost every plant i grow... It seems to happen within a wk or so after i top them... Idk... Im NoT saying it's from topping 4sure but... And i always top leaving at least 4 to 6 Nodes Still... Im wondering if its too much light stress after topping, or a Nutrient Issue... I always use 20-20-20 in Veg too... so maybe that could be an issue too... Its not balanced right for cannabis... but im giving them barely any once a wk or so... -Did u ever find out why ur's were doing it.?

So what causes this twisting crap.? Nobody knows.? I get it almost everytime i grow... Idk Usually within a wk after i top them... leaving 4 to 6 nodes... Maybe there stressed from the lights right after i top idk... Using 20 20 20, which could be an issue also... but i use very lil maybe once a wk or so... No Bugs! No Gnats Flying Around... IdK.?

I get This Exact Same Problem on almost every plant i grow... It seems to happen within a wk or so after i top them... Idk... Im NoT saying it's from topping 4sure but... And i always top leaving at least 4 to 6 Nodes Still... Im wondering if its too much light stress after topping, or a Nutrient Issue... I always use 20-20-20 in Veg too... so maybe that could be an issue too... Its not balanced right for cannabis... but im giving them barely any once a wk or so... -Did u ever find out why ur's were doing it.?
Older post's my friend you may not get a reply to your question.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

So what causes this twisting crap.? Nobody knows.? I get it almost everytime i grow... Idk Usually within a wk after i top them... leaving 4 to 6 nodes... Maybe there stressed from the lights right after i top idk... Using 20 20 20, which could be an issue also... but i use very lil maybe once a wk or so... No Bugs! No Gnats Flying Around... IdK.?
I find it's ph usually.
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend.
Got any pics.
Post your question here

If you want to say Hi and meet everyone here 8s a link.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284

Back
Top Bottom