Curling/Twisting leaves

Gsxxx

420 Member
Hey guys!

I am new to growing. Started my grow 13 days ago and as they all started very well. They started to twist and curl a bit. I don’t have the best set up but as good as i could get it with what I had. I’m using a little fan for air movement, I watered them with a tiny bit of farm fix big bloom and grow big. I Phd my water to about 6.3every water. I water about 2 to 3 times a week. I have a 30w LED light hanging around 40cm from plants. Any ideas as to why they are twisting?

This is it

Attachments

• BC0A6BC2-7CD6-4A41-84BA-D33B44204322.jpeg
    BC0A6BC2-7CD6-4A41-84BA-D33B44204322.jpeg
    488.4 KB · Views: 78
Only a 3 of them are doing it. I have 6 and The other 3 seems fine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    682.6 KB · Views: 57
Some will twist but I can tell from pics - you are loving them to death with water. Seriously try tilting them for 5 or 10 minutes, prop them so they don’t tip over but they should pee out a puddle of water.

roots cannot grow in continuously wet soil, when soil totally dries out she will send tiny root hairs to search for water. Right now I suspect you are giving too much water and then watering too often... I think once you clear that up she should stop twisting

try it - do the tilt and no more water for 3 days... maybe 4 days

Some will twist but I can tell from pics - you are loving them to death with water. Seriously try tilting them for 5 or 10 minutes, prop them so they don’t tip over but they should pee out a puddle of water.

roots cannot grow in continuously wet soil, when soil totally dries out she will send tiny root hairs to search for water. Right now I suspect you are giving too much water and then watering too often... I think once you clear that up she should stop twisting

try it - do the tilt and no more water for 3 days... maybe 4 days
I will definitely try that man. I appreciate the pointers!

Plants do well in oxygenated soils. If in cups punch holes in sides. Transplant them to containers with holes as well.
Grow bags are inexpensive and breathe. Good luck.

Dont over water dont under water.... seedlings are the hard part with watering.

In solo cups I always score the btm of the inside cup with a X with a knife so any excess water runs out and I elevate the inside cup with something like a pebble to create an air space so the soil can dry out better.

Dont over water dont under water.... seedlings are the hard part with watering.

In solo cups I always score the btm of the inside cup with a X with a knife so any excess water runs out and I elevate the inside cup with something like a pebble to create an air space so the soil can dry out better.
I will have to try that out man! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom