leaves turn yellow middle of flowering

2clean

I noticed people on this site grows good and some grows bad.. the ones that are good i can tell by the leaves, the leaves stay green thru ought the whole flowering cyle..

many growers on this form ,thier plants look like its dying the middle of the flowering like in 4th to -6th week..I noticed the leaves will yellow..

how to prevent this and whats their mistakes for this to happen.. I dont want my leaves turning yellow.

should i dump alot of nitrogen for first 3 weeks of flowring and cut it out after the 3rd week or is there something i can add in the 4th and 5th week of flower to keep it green??

will carbs and liquid karma help it stay and turn green???

The early yellowing plants may of been underfed threw out the grow cycle, so the plants have little stored nutrient reserves.
Its normal for the leaves to yellow when the plants are flowering , but if its happening to early Its likely because the plants do not have not enough stored nutrients.

You can tell how much nutrients a plant has stored by the girth of its lower stalk as that's where they store it. A well fed plant will have a enormous lower stalk where as a under nourished plant will have a unimpressive lower stalk.

Giving the plants a complete fertilizers including nitrogen for the first 5 weeks of flowering can help to keep the leaves green longer.

Eventually the leaves will yellow and fall off which is normal and shows the plant is using up all of its stored food, making for a healthier cleaning burning better tasting harvest.

You do not want to feed them all the way through to harvest as the plants will be full of unused fertilizer which cause a hard to burn nasty tasting slightly toxic harvest. The ash of over fertilized plants will be black in color and not the white grey it should be.

Many people will not feed for the last 2 weeks , although with hydroponics some may flush for just a week before the harvest.

may plan is to make the leave green as possible by the 3rd week of flowering then dont use grow no more.. sounds like a good plan????

i noticed great stuff,doesnt yellow at all,only turns light green even when harvest time. so what do u have to say about that mr.led.

onlything i can think of is make sure its green enough before goes into flowering.. if its light green and u start flowering and it will fade to yellow by the 4th week and the yield an dquality will degrade.

What I have to say about it is if the leaves are still green at harvest the plants have lots of stored nutrients.

the plants by nature will try to reject the food you give them and deplete its own stored supply.

Only thing you can do about is make sure the plants have a massively thick lower stalk.

You will get that by tending them properly.

I imagine some strains are also more likely to yellow then others , there won't be anything you can do to stop the yellowing in such plants.

To be honest its very normal to have the leaves die near the end.

If you are in a soilless mix you may want to feed to the 5th or 6th week of flower to keep them vigorous , phosphorous becomes especially important during flower.

im in soil and i can tell u this.. yellow leaves in the middle of flowered results in at end harvest= lower yield, quality etc..
look at all these winners of the month and all of them dont even have yellow leaves till the last week or just light green..
my experience with yellow leaves by the middle of the flowering cycle means, u fucked up and u should of added more nitrogen in the begginning and now its too late..
im chopping it down...!!!

Some people rape their plants of it leaves to open it up to the light , I think its a mistake to do that , the leaves are the plants workers removing near all of them is crippling it. I like to wait until the leaves are sucked dry by the plant and drop on their own , or are seriously loose then I pull em off.

i chose to chop it down because i know the plant isnt gonna be as good because it needs to nitrogen to push better buds.. my buddy did a experiment , one crop he gave it light nitrogen in the beginnning and the other alot .. the one with more nitrogen pushed twice as bigger nugs.. the yellow leaves one wasnt allthat and had a wiered color to it.

Back
Top Bottom