What is wrong with this plant? Leaves are turning yellow and brown spots

username255sm

So this is my first time growing.Before this problem I had too many dark green leaves. Now the plant looks like its slowly turning yellow.
I flushed the plants 3 weeks ago because of the dark green leaves. But now it looks like it needs more N nutrients again and correct pH water and because of the size of the plant more water.
This is the 6th week of flowering.
What should I do to help this plant turn nice and green again?

vdlafs.jpg

vfuv69.jpg

2gt1yr6.jpg

I have to flower 10/11 weeks i dont know if she will make it. Is pH 6 water also good? I use Spa mineral water. I dont have a pH meter yet. thanks for the reply.

This is why pH is so important. If you are using water that has a guaranteed pH of 6.0 (which it doesn't because it changes over time) then once you add your nutes, it will lower that pH by anywhere from .3 to 1.0. So then you are looking at a pH of 5.0-5.7 and if we look at the chart below, you don't absorb a lot of nutrients at that low of a pH. Anything below 6.0 in soil and you are no longer absorbing Nitrogen, which is the reason why your plant looks like it has a Nitro deficiency. You are also, missing Potassium and Phosphorus which are both extremely important during flowering.

Nutrient_Chart24.gif

You got the plant that far along without checking ph? Impressive honestly. Mine would have been dead long ago lol. Sounds like you ph is close at least, buy a cheap $30 electric ph meter online and use it to check your nute solutions before you water. To reiterate, soil ph should be 6.5-6.8 and hydro/soilless should be 5.8-6.2

Thanks for the replies. I want to buy a pH meter but the stores don't sell them over here. I dont know why. So I have to order one online.

@Ultradan: I also give them P and K. every week 0.5 ml of 0,21,20.Maybe they need more micro nutrients?

Thanks for the replies. I want to buy a pH meter but the stores don't sell them over here. I dont know why. So I have to order one online.

@Ultradan: I also give them P and K. every week 0.5 ml of 0,21,20.Maybe they need more micro nutrients?

You can give it to them all day long, but if the pH isn't in the correct range then it will just sit in the soil.

This is why pH is so important. If you are using water that has a guaranteed pH of 6.0 (which it doesn't because it changes over time) then once you add your nutes, it will lower that pH by anywhere from .3 to 1.0. So then you are looking at a pH of 5.0-5.7 and if we look at the chart below, you don't absorb a lot of nutrients at that low of a pH. Anything below 6.0 in soil and you are no longer absorbing Nitrogen, which is the reason why your plant looks like it has a Nitro deficiency. You are also, missing Potassium and Phosphorus which are both extremely important during flowering.

Nutrient_Chart24.gif

this chart is crap. go to green house seeds and check some of their grow videos. some are grown on ph5.5 and according to this... not possible. but it is!

Hey there,

Plant looks healthy enough to survive if you act now. PH is definitely the source of your problem. You must check your runoff...I would guess that you have dropped into the 5.2 range due to a buildup of nutes just prior to flowering. If your runoff pH is between 5.5-6.8 then you simply have a severe nitrogen deficiency that would have maybe been caused by a really good flush just prior to flowering that did not include an adequate feeding post-flush? Just my thoughts. I use a simple Milwaukee pH meter and it does the trick just fine...$30.

As for growing at pH's around 5.5, this is only for hydro setups. A soil grow that dips to 5.5 will not yield good results, if any.

Good Luck!

Trig

Nutrient_Chart24.gif

Dan speaks truth.

Back
Top Bottom