Leaves turning purple downward curling

T414A

I have three "purple kush" bag seed plants, maybe 3" tall but over a month old
Started out with 3 cfls in red spectrum, organic miracle gro soil, 18/6
Two weeks ago changes to 24/0
Watering every few days checking moisture and ph with tester
Foliar feeding (super thrive spray) two weeks ago
Plants were starting to yellow and got pretty green again, but when I trimmed them last
The biggest one starting turning purple really bad
They've all had purple/red stems from the get go. Tey are currently in kelloggs organic patio plus soil
Consistent fresh, flowing air.. Lights are pretty close, standard for cfls I guess
Wondering what anyone thought this looked like? The growth is so stunted.. It's my first grow so I'm not really sure where to go with this
Thank you!
image24226.jpg
image24226.jpg
[/url]

I've been told if a purp color arises it means its stressed, I'm growing purp kush and haven't since my plant turn purple like that after a trimming. She doesn't look to healthy to me I'm just on my second run though. I check a chart on deficiencys none showed purple changing tips

They are getting watered every 3-5 days depending on moisture inch below surface and tester usually water when gauge is at medium moisture
Also ph is at 7

What are your temps like? I read somewhere that if a plant gets too cold even just at night it can turn purple and become very stressed which will stunt growth.

I've had plants look somewhat like that when they never got a chance to dry in between waterings, also I had at the time a bit of a problem with cold temperatures at night. Gauge went to water by lifting the pot and feeling the weight of it. Check it against the same size pot full of soil that is just slightly moist to get a feel for this. IMO this is really the only, or at least best, way to water. The plants should get to that state of being almost dry before they are watered again. Getting to 'medium dry' may not do the trick. That wet to dry cycle is very important and if the pot is quite large compared to the plant size then overwatering can become a problem. My understanding is that this type of plant purpling is a sign of phosphorus deficincy, which can be caused by overwatering even if other conditions are perfect. Ph problems can also cause it. And low temps are also a cause.
Temps shouldn't get much below 60 degrees at night. And to me a wet and cold plant seems more vulnerable than just a cold plant.
Sorry I can't help you beyond that - but those are pretty distinctive signs so hopefully you get some help. Good luck mate

It's purple Kush. Isn't it supposed to turn purple?

Second, why have you cut all the leaves and branches off? Those bottom leaves and branches produce energy for the top branches to grow. All that trimming is starving your plants.

Shit, it's good to know. I had a thought to trim them so they didn't have to focus on keeping up with the bottom leaves. Fat mistake, thank you

I assumed that you cut off a bunch of leaves because they were damaged beyond repair. But you cut the leaves off to help the plant grow???!!!! Oh well, lesson learned hopefully.

Update * Put it under a 600w hps and now they're shooting up- straight leaves and super green! Quit watering as often as well
Thank you for the help!

Back
Top Bottom