LED lights for 8m² growroom

TomKayaba

420 Member
Hi guys. I'm going to start growing now and I'm struggling with the right amount of light/watts/lumens/etc that I should be using. There’s a lot of information and each website claims a different “right” formula to calculate, and also due to the complexity of each grow room I decided to ask to try to figure out with the answers which would be the ideal formula to calculate the amount of light in my specific case.

So, I only intend to use full spectrum Led lights, an example here: 600W full spectrum grow light

My growroom measures 2 x 4 meters, that’s 8 square meters of area for planting.

I will use the LST method and each square meter will have 4 plants (total of 32 plants), I intend to get at least 500g per square meter (Critical Kush) (I know that the amount of light influences the size of the buds)

With all this information, what would be the amount of watts for my growroom?

Would it be better to divide this amount in 2/3 lights to cover the area better and thus reach the plants that are on the edges?

and any advice on my setup would also be welcome, I really appreciate every response of you guys and thanks for all the knowledge being shared. Many thanks

Hi Tom, how do I know how many watts of lights are needed for the grow area? 21~38 actual watts of power per square foot is good for your growth.

The first thing you need to know is the actual wattages of the LED, it's not like the 600w LED on eBay actually has 600w wattages, maybe he only has 100w.

If you want to completely cover your growroom, I recommend you use 8 TSW2000.
  • Actual Power: 310W+/ -5%@ 100--277V
  • Coverage: Veg: 4’x4’(120x120cm);Bloom: 3’x3’(90x90cm)
  • Compared to HPS/MH/HID: 450W
  • Average Yields: 1.5g/W
  • PPE: 2.1-- 2.35umol/J
You can find links to the grow journal of other 420 growers using TSW2000 in my signature

Hi guys. I'm going to start growing now and I'm struggling with the right amount of light/watts/lumens/etc that I should be using. There’s a lot of information and each website claims a different “right” formula to calculate, and also due to the complexity of each grow room I decided to ask to try to figure out with the answers which would be the ideal formula to calculate the amount of light in my specific case.

So, I only intend to use full spectrum Led lights, an example here: 600W full spectrum grow light

I will use the LST method and each square meter will have 4 plants (total of 32 plants), I intend to get at least 500g per square meter (Critical Kush) (I know that the amount of light influences the size of the buds)

Would it be better to divide this amount in 2/3 lights to cover the area better and thus reach the plants that are on the edges?

and any advice on my setup would also be welcome, I really appreciate every response of you guys and thanks for all the knowledge being shared. Many thanks
REMEMBER THE SQUARE OF LIGHT RULE.. as you get further from the source the light flux density (of lines) drops proportionally in its intensity. The intensity of flux lines (strength in watts) varies (diminishes) inversely in proportion to the square of the distance from the source. Regardless of the starting power..but also heat of some lights causes us to physically ignore this law to some degree..and proximity to a light or growth spurt could also make it necessary to ignore the law ..

download.png

50watts a sq ft is what they say. So you got around 86sq ft. That adds up to 8000watts. You could do 8 1000watt hps or 8 leds that would be the equivalent of a 1000watt hps. Like a HLG 660 or similar.

Back
Top Bottom