Legalization

What are the laws in canada at this time? I mean how much can you have before they will take you in. And will they bust you for pipes and such?

A person caught with up to 15 grams will get a ticket for about $150 Canadian (about $120US), for under 30g but over 15g, a fine of not more than $1000CAN and/or 6months in jail. For over 30g up to 5 years in jail. For drug trafficing or importing/exporting, up to life in jail. Growing it can get ya 7 years. These are just maximums and they are probably rarely given as sentences.

PS I got these off of the Government of Canada website.

yikes!!!!!life for selling herb.the laws here r way more lax.u would move to the states for the weather?it is very diverse weather wise.i was just in cali and got a sun burn and now im back in ohio and its fricken artic.

jimmyjam, those are the maximums, and those would only be applied for say amounts of like kilograms to tons if anything. if you are caught selling say a couple grams or even ounces to your buddies or something they are not going to send you to prison for life, you may even get no jail time at all!!

So if i have lets say 5gs on me(not for selling), but for smokeing. They cant do anything? Will they take the weed away? What are the laws for under 15gs.

reread what I said...something to the effect of "up to 15g will get you a $150 fine"....up to means 15 and below....this is including 5g, 2g, 0.1g, 1mg, .0000001mg, etc

The recent revision of the Canadian Cannabis laws to decrease the penalty for possession of small amounts, but to increase it for trafficking and cultivation is just an example of the ineptitude of the legislature who devised these laws.

It obvious they passed this ridiculous law in a feeble and ill-conceived attempt to deter "organized crime" financed grow operations and distributors, whilst trying to appear economical and compassionate by "decriminilizing" small amounts.
Apparently the fact that to obtain small amounts one must be associated with a cultivator or distributor didn't occur to the legislature.

The current goverment is very indecisive and lacks initiative, which is probably how an absurd law like this got passed in the first place.

Nah, I wouldn't move there. The job market in what I want to go into isn't nearly as good as it is here in the states.

Hell yeah i would move. Free health care and the freedom to smoke a joint getting your mail in the moring.

Move to BC though, the weather everywhere else sucks, at least in the winter time. Only thing about BC is, it rains a lot. If I stay in Canada, I am definately moving to BC.

Back
Top Bottom