Light burn or mag deficient please help me out

Don Smoke

This is my first grow with Autos and LED's so a little unsure of the problem.

Fast buds GSC @ day 42

temps 25C RH 50%

Full soil and PH is 6.5-7 (but occasionally hit a spot in the soil with my meter that reads 5ph but can tell is only little spots in the soil....... i mixed all my soils together really well and crumbled any lumps to prevent something like this)

Only watered them apart from 2 waterings about a week ago with some Epsom salts and blackstrap molasses.

Only other thing i can think that could be slightly not right, maybe the soil mix is a little strong in P K but just dont have the experience yet with these autos.

I got the light at 32inches and giving around 750 PPFD

I got a grow journal here.. Old grower trying LED's and GSC Autos

Thanks for any replies!

IMG_20210423_183055.jpg

IMG_20210423_183135.jpg

IMG_20210423_183139.jpg

IMG_20210423_183143.jpg

IMG_20210423_183201.jpg

IMG_20210423_183208.jpg

IMG_20210423_183231.jpg

Hi @Deketx .... i am not sure why but didn't get a notification you had replied, thanks.
you think they are a bit underfed?

i have just posted in my other thread, linked above and am going to add some soil i get from the floor of a pine forest.. got lots of fungi in it and should be fairly rich in nutrients, not sue of it will be enough if you think they are hungry. in my other post i mixed some quick tea from rotted manure and some other items, would you be kind enough to have read and give me your opinion please.
Obviously i would like to get a decent crop from these girls but for me i am mainly trying to get my head around the 'wants' of these Autos as i have always grown phenos outdoors, bigger pots etc so trying to get an idea of what i need to give these seemingly greedy girls in 3 gal pots.
Thanks for the reply!!

P.S here is my soil mix, i thought i had put it above in my first post.

Organic Soil mix, i make this myself:

1 bag of general purpose soil
1 bag of similar soil but with sphagnum moss... both at around 5.5-6.5ph
About half a bag of well rotted horse manure from the farm. (also have goat but wasnt aged enough, next grow)
3 large buckets of deep dark soil I collect from under a small pine forest I have, it is well rotted and is like 8 inches deep, this stuff is like black gold!... soft fluffy and full of goodness plus it has lots of white Mycorrhizal fungi growing threw it all.
1 large bucket of charcoal made from burnt olive wood, crushed into small pieces.
Crushed and powdered oyster shell.
Epsom salts
couple shovels of fine granite grit sand i have on our land.
Perlite at about 30-40%

Pots are 3.5 gallon with extra holes drilled into bottom and a thin layer of granite gravel in bottom of the pot to aid drainage.

Damn. Thats a lot of work, lol. Me, FFOF or this time FFHF and 25% perlite and roll with it. Looks like your trying for an organic grow. Only issue I've seen with that is for an organic grow you need to be in much larger containers 10+ gal. I tried in 5gal and was out of nutes by week 4. Then you're behind by the time issues show themselves and are playing nute catch up. And I'm not sure just a "tea" is the answer. I tried that in my first organic grow and never truly recovered. The plants looked bad, but I still got a descent harvest. I know plenty of people use the teas with great success but that takes experience. Learning inside, I'd stick with a proven nute brand to start.

Damn. Thats a lot of work, lol. Me, FFOF or this time FFHF and 25% perlite and roll with it. Looks like your trying for an organic grow. Only issue I've seen with that is for an organic grow you need to be in much larger containers 10+ gal. I tried in 5gal and was out of nutes by week 4. Then you're behind by the time issues show themselves and are playing nute catch up. And I'm not sure just a "tea" is the answer. I tried that in my first organic grow and never truly recovered. The plants looked bad, but I still got a descent harvest. I know plenty of people use the teas with great success but that takes experience. Learning inside, I'd stick with a proven nute brand to start.
Trouble is i live in central Europe and cant get any of that, if you look at my profile pic, that was a jack Here, 2 pallets cut in half, giving me a meter wide and half meter tall grow bin, lined with fabric and filled with well rotted manure and composted dirt, only watered. those two girls last me 2.5 years in smokes and i smoke a lot!

I am hearing you though on size of pit and these autos eating it all by week 4...... Thats the part i got to get dialled in, how autos work.... Thanks again for the reply it is helping me understand these little feeders :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom