Burn or Deficiency?

Mike Wright

420 Support
420 Staff
Pure sativa clones in soil 5th week flowering, PH is 7. I thought this was some kind of nute burn, but I've saturated the pot twice with only distilled water in the last week and it still seems to be getting worse. Soil has been amended with guano and worm castings, I did do a guano/molasses feed about a week ago.

:helpsmilie:

Dec15Probs.JPG

Its a bit of a bugger this one my pal, as your into flower so late your not getting much new foliage to gauge whether your recent work has already partly fixed it.
At first I simply thought nute burn, but if its getting worse still by your eyes then maybe a potassium issue. What ever it is I'd continue with good PH'd waterings with a bit of feed and molasses each time. As if its a lock out of any sort, as long as you have your PH dialed in you know it should come good.
Sorry I cant aid more, I'm more of a training guy :)

I think it's burn, but I think it may be missing out on something that becomes available at lower ph's. Just me, but what I would do is put a teaspoon of vinegar to a gallon of water and give it that....just one time. This plant should be just starting to show the normal signs of flowering, a shift from veg growth to flower growth.....and I think we may be seeing some of that too. When are you going to start the flush?, if you're doing one.

I think the pot is so small that there just isn't enough soil to properly buffer things. The ph seems ok. I did dose it with lemon juice, it is about 6.5 now. I think it may be lockout combined with a potassium def. I'm cooking up a big batch of organic soil for my Northern Lights, being a lot more careful with the recipe, I'll test the ph every step of the way. Thanks KJC.

For the record, it looks like the plants were just too small to sustain the buds which sucked the life out of them. The untopped plant with the main cola was much worse off than the other one. The bud quality seems good.

Back
Top Bottom