Organic grow looking burnt

DirtyDantheman

420 Member
Ladies are in 3rd week of flower.
Everything has been going decent until a few days ago.
I’m getting what appears to be nute burn but I was under the impression that it’s not very common with organic ferts.
The burn seems to always be on the sides of the leaves and all the leaves are losing their dark green color and lightening up to a pale green.
I’m kinda leaning towards the conclusion that it’s possibly a deficiency of some sort.
I just gave them molasses water a couple days ago hoping it might correct the situation.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! 👍🏻
I’m growing outdoors in amended potting soil. (Living soil)
Azomite for micronutrients,
Enzymes amendment (supergrow)
Bumpercrop organic plant food with lobster, kelp and worm castings were mixed into the soil before planting.
Agrothrive organic liquid fert was being used twice a week but I discontinued it a couple weeks ago.
Rain water only……..

IMG_1071.jpeg

IMG_1070.jpeg

IMG_1069.jpeg

IMG_1068.jpeg

IMG_1067.jpeg

IMG_1066.jpeg

Nutrient burn typically happens at the tips, not all along the edges. It looks more like you are just needing some extra potassium since she has started flowering.
Thank you…….. this is kinda what I was thinking too but I’ve never tried a 100% organic grow before.
Molasses has a generous amount of potassium so I’m hoping it will correct the situation while it’s still mild.
I’m running out of time here in western NY to get her across the finish line.
Hopefully October will be kind enough to ripen her up.
Should have chosen a faster strain in hindsight. 🙃

Molasses has a generous amount of potassium so I’m hoping it will correct the situation while it’s still mild.
As @Sueet mentions the plant is going into flowering and when that happens it will need more Potassium to promote healthy bud growth. Also, the plants still need some Nitrogen for green growth, including the green in the flowers. If the plant cannot get either of these through the root system it starts to pull them from the fan leaves.

Nitrogen deficiencies will often show as the leaves turning a lighter green color becoming yellow. Eventually the leaf is very bright yellow and can fall off just by touching it.

Potassium often starts to show as yellowing along the edges of the fingers and soon turning to a dark yellow to brown color.

Agrothrive organic liquid fert was being used twice a week but I discontinued it a couple weeks ago.
If you want to stay with the Agrothrive line of products then think about picking up a bottle of the Agrothrive "Fruit and Flower" fertilizer unless that was the one you had been using earlier. If so, then start back up. If you were using the "General Purpose" then save that for the next grow or season. The "Fruit and Flower" liquid fertilizer is the one that has most of the missing Nitrogen and Potassium.

Most of the time mild signs of Nitrogen and Potassium deficiencies can be stopped and the leaves will return to a healthier green. The brown spots and the yellow at the tips and along the edges of the fingers do not heal but new ones can be slower to appear.

For the next grow try to get a jump on the plant's demand for more Nitrogen and Potassium by starting the flowering nutrients two or three weeks before the buds start to show.

As @Sueet mentions the plant is going into flowering and when that happens it will need more Potassium to promote healthy bud growth. Also, the plants still need some Nitrogen for green growth, including the green in the flowers. If the plant cannot get either of these through the root system it starts to pull them from the fan leaves.

Nitrogen deficiencies will often show as the leaves turning a lighter green color becoming yellow. Eventually the leaf is very bright yellow and can fall off just by touching it.

Potassium often starts to show as yellowing along the edges of the fingers and soon turning to a dark yellow to brown color.

If you want to stay with the Agrothrive line of products then think about picking up a bottle of the Agrothrive "Fruit and Flower" fertilizer unless that was the one you had been using earlier. If so, then start back up. If you were using the "General Purpose" then save that for the next grow or season. The "Fruit and Flower" liquid fertilizer is the one that has most of the missing Nitrogen and Potassium.

Most of the time mild signs of Nitrogen and Potassium deficiencies can be stopped and the leaves will return to a healthier green. The brown spots and the yellow at the tips and along the edges of the fingers do not heal but new ones can be slower to appear.

For the next grow try to get a jump on the plant's demand for more Nitrogen and Potassium by starting the flowering nutrients two or three weeks before the buds start to show.
Thanks for the advice!
I ordered more Agrothrive fruit and flower.
It’s what I’ve been using from the start because I was sent the fruit and flower instead of general purpose fert by mistake.
Hopefully it will perk the girls back up and start plumping up the flowers.
This particular plant is only about 4’ tall but she has more tops than I can count.
Been trying to LST the branches to get more light to the buds and have done a really heavy defoliation on the larger fan leaves.
I’m really hoping some purple starts showing up on the buds too as this strain (jelly breath) is supposed to.

It’s what I’ve been using from the start because I was sent the fruit and flower instead of general purpose fert by mistake.
Hopefully it will perk the girls back up and start plumping up the flowers.
Hoping it helps. I am happy when I can stop an increase in any signs of yellow, etc on the leaves.

Next go round try to get some extra potassium and nitrogen into the fertilizing schedule about 2 or 3 weeks before flowering starts. It really has helped to keep the nice healthy green in most of my plants.

Back
Top Bottom