Need Advice

geogman2

20160702_072212.jpg

20160725_113227.jpg
20160725_113219.jpg

Hi I new to growing and this is my first plant. Germination process went well. As you can see vegetation is not going to well any advise will be appreciated. I planted in organic soil also added 5-1-1 organic fert about a 3 weeks ago. I did notice gnats and stopped watering and they have disappeared that is also when I noticed the leaves were not as green and started turning yellow. I move the plant to a grow tent a couple days ago. :helpsmilie:

Re: Need Advise.

20160702_072212.jpg

20160725_113227.jpg
20160725_113219.jpg

Hi I new to growing and this is my first plant. Germination process went well. As you can see vegetation is not going to well any advise will be appreciated. I planted in organic soil also added 5-1-1 organic fert about a 3 weeks ago. I did notice gnats and stopped watering and they have disappeared that is also when I noticed the leaves were not as green and started turning yellow. I move the plant to a grow tent a couple days ago. :helpsmilie:
Good morning,
Couple of things, the fertilizer you added was it liquid and added when you watered or was it granular and added to the soil? I see you are growing in a plastic pot that appears to have a built in catch tea under it, when you water do you drain the catch tray after you finish watering? Pot plants do not like to have soggy feet, the prefer to have well drained soil, it looks to me like you maybe over watering her and not allowing her to dry out enough between waterings, but without more information that is just an educated guess.

Hi thanks for the advise. The fert was liquid mixed with water. No I was not aware that I needed to drain after watering will do going forward.

Hey!!! I know that pot... lol

I was desperate one day and had to grab something. I think I got a green one from wally world. I looked at it and scratched my head, then drilled holes in it. :rofl:

She looks a little Nitrogen deficient to me. I'd listen to everything OlderGrower said. Let the soil dry out. DRY DRY

Then feed with your 5-1-1. Sorry, I'm not a liquid nutrient guy so I cant help you there. Make sure you drain her well. Tilt the pot in all directions letting all the excess water run off.

The yellow leaves may or may not turn green again. No big deal sooner or later you will prune them anyway.

If there are not drainage holes in the bottom of that container, that is definitely a big problem. You absolutely must let a weed dry out all the way to the bottom between waterings too. I wrote a popular piece on how to water a weed... you should read it as I strongly suspect you are an over waterer. (the link is in my signature) You are in good company though, this is THE most common newbie mistake made. You may not have been soaking the container each time, but it is clear looking at your plant that you water too often, or worse yet, the water is standing in the bottom of that container.

Back
Top Bottom