Light Controller Question

Skylander

Hello,

Im in the last stages of purchasing my grow room. Ive invested a nice penny in my tent and now Im kinda stuck. I purchased a digital light controller and did not realize it had a max watt capacity of 1200 watts! A PROBLEM. I have two 750 watt LED lights! So I did a little research and came across a HID light controller (made by the same company) and it looks to be my solution but it is classified as a HID light controller. It can support 1000 watts per outlet(4) which is plenty for me but I don't know if it would be good for my lights. They make a lot of references to ballast which I don't have and Im wondering if it would damage my LEDs. Im approaching 10k for my setup and that was my cap! I don't want to damage any one of my 1800 dollar lights due to being inexperienced. Please any input on this would be highly appreciated. Ill be coming home from Afghanyland in about 59 days 10hrs 19min lol and I want to hit the ground running!

:peace:

Yea HB that's probably true. Still at 550 each there is not much room for error or room to add a light later on. I always like to oversize a little myself.

I have 300 High Output 5w LED's that pulls 750 watts from the wall. I pretty sure Im over my wattage without that controller or something like it.

I have 300 High Output 5w LED's that pulls 750 watts from the wall. I pretty sure Im over my wattage without that controller or something like it.

A normal 15amp circuit can safely hold around 1200-1800w. If you were over you 'd blow a breaker or burn something up.

My problem is the maximum wattage of the Digitial Controller which is 1200watts. I have the Autopilot Master Digital timer. This info was listed on the specs. It specifies that if my lighting is over 1200watts that a additional HID lighting controller is recommended.

I have two 750 watt lights! That 1200watt max is not per outlet it is the total wattage for both outlets combined. I have a total of 1500 watts. If I had two 600 watt lights I would be good!!

ok, two 750w lights (Did you check them with the watt meter?) - I'd get a 20amp circuit and the bigger controller. Your going to have fans & pumps going also.

FYI: Your probably pulling 5-6 amps per light so you getting close to the 15amp circuit max with just those two lights. What else is going to be on that circuit?

The HID light controller Specs
Main Power Voltage: 120 OR 240 volts
Receptacle Type: 4 Nema 6-15 or universal
Maximum Lighting Wattage: 4000 watts / 1000 watts per outlet
Maximum Relay Amperage: 30 amps
Operating Temperature Range: 32-110° F
Operating Humidity Range: 0-99% RH non condensing
Minimum Relay Operations: 100,000 @ full load
This will cost me a little over 100 dollars! It comes with a 120v trigger cable that connects to the actual digital timer and its made by the same company to pair with it.

Yeah I will be running off a 30 amp circuit in my garage which is where my tent will be. Your right those lights along with my ac will trip a 15amp no problem!!

Back
Top Bottom