Light proofing a DIY tote DWC system

OldHippyMan

I have some clear totes that I need to light proof. I tried regular spray pain, which came right off, then an automotive undercoating, which made a real mess. Anyone with experience with this, your suggestions would be most welcome! Thanks.

:Namaste:

Re: Light proofing a DIY tote DWC system.

either the duct tape,or cut a piece of panda plastic,wrap it around and tape it

did you sand and prep the plastic before painting??

I did not prep the plastic. Never thought of it! Do you think a paint that was made to adhere to plastic might work? I found a Rustoliem spray made for plastic.

Panda wrap... you have just opened my mind to the possibilities!

:cheer:

yes a bit of sanding and roughing up the plastic helps,plenty,cleaning with iso then spraying works for me,but its got to be rough and clean

if not the panda,then some heavy duty black garbage bags.

really,I just use what is handy

ever grab a tote and it feels greasy?? there is a cosmolene(sp?)oil based spray, that is sprayed on all plastic products.

they spray the same stuff on motorcycles,that are shipped across the ocean,its a rust inhibitor,not sure why its on the totes.

I use aluminum tape found in the furnace area of a hardware store. It's super sticky and the best tape for everything Imo . They make it wide also. And it doesn't peel off when temps get warm which is a good idea under a h.i.d...
image16639.jpg

I don't remember what I paid for the tape but I know it couldn't have been too much. I own 2 businesses and I'm still a penny pinching cheap ass:)

Only drawback of this tape is if you peel it off you won't be able to use it again. Once you stick it,it's stuck.

Hope this helps you out. Solo:)

Back
Top Bottom