Light Stress

AgedMaster

I have a problem would a 400w hps be to much for a 10 day old seedling. I increased my light from 250w to 400w and increased my fan speed when I woke my humidity was 35% and my temp was 28c. one of my plants got burned I am not sure if it was the low humidity and to hot or when ive sprayed my pots. I have a sprayer and it keeps locking when I go to next pot it sometimes sprays the tent not sure if the plant got wet my cotyledons have yellowed on the plant also. I will get pics when light turns in 4 hours could someone tell me why my cotyledons have yellowed is it overwatered underwatered light stress heat stress or wind burn. im using a different coco to what I usually use and a smaller tent

I will get pics when light turns in 4 hours could someone tell me why my cotyledons have yellowed
Without a photo it will be hard to even guess. A photo in white or natural light will help. A photo that looks purple, yellow or red will not help much.

is it overwatered underwatered light stress heat stress or wind burn.
Any or all of them. Or the one not mentioned, the plant has grown enough that it has pulled everything it can from the cotyledons and no longer needs them.

im using a different coco to what I usually use and a smaller tent
The least likely to be a reason but still should be considered.

Again a photo goes a long way to getting to a cause of the problem, if it is even a problem.

Again a photo goes a long way to getting to a cause of the problem, if it is even a problem.
Hi pal here is a pic the others don't look like this. The coco is ecothrive charge it has a EC 0.6 and a NPK 323 don't no if its to strong for autos

IMG_20231028_160731 - Copy.jpg

From what I can see it looks like the cotyledons are OK. The first true leaves are showing the start of some white tips on the serrated edges which some call bleaching. Most likely it was caused by the change in strength of the light.

Either turn the light back to what it was, or raise the light up higher, or lower the plants. Or do nothing and let the plant adapt. The white areas will not go away but the rest of the leaf should be OK.

We can wait and see what the others think is happening.

From what I can see it looks like the cotyledons are OK. The first true leaves are showing the start of some white tips on the serrated edges which some call bleaching. Most likely it was caused by the change in strength of the light.

Either turn the light back to what it was, or raise the light up higher, or lower the plants. Or do nothing and let the plant adapt. The white areas will not go away but the rest of the leaf should be OK.

We can wait and see what the others think is happening.
Hi pal I turned my light down to 250w the morning I saw that ive also raised them of the floor the bottoms of the pots was a little damp and wasn't drying this plant seems to have grown a bit overnight hopefully it should be good. I also had the light about 4ft away I think it was the low humidity plus light intensity the air was real dry and windy

Back
Top Bottom