Lime Green Sprout Leaves

Iamthejazz123

420 Member
Here's my setup:
36x20 grow tent.
Roleadro 600watt Full Spectrum LED @ 30" above the plant, 18/6 light cycle.
Temps/Humidity pretty steady at 70-74 degrees, 47-50% humidity.
I started an autoflower seedling in a peat pellet, it's now about 5 days out of the ground.
As soon as it broke ground, I put it into a 3 gallon fabric pot with FF Coco Loco soil mix which I ran some water through about 24hrs previous.
I haven't added any nutes yet, and I haven't watered it since planting it because the soil still looks damp on top.
I keep a clear plastic cup over the sprout to help keep it a bit more humid (the air is abnormally dry for this time of year here).

My problem:
Despite the cotyledons being a normal darker green, the first set of true leaves is coming in lime green in color. None of the leaves seem to be showing signs of burning, but there's a bit of the seed shell stuck to one of the cotyledons.
Is the light too far away? Nute deficiency? Soil too hot? Temps/humidity issue? Over/underwatering?
Or am I worried over nothing?
My first thought is that the light is too far away, but the manufacturer doesn't provide any info on distance, and with this only being my second grow, I'm not sure how to tell by looking at the plant if the light is too close/far away. It doesn't seem to be stretching though, it's about 2 or 3 inches tall.

The leaves look a little brighter in person than they do in the pic.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    551.2 KB · Views: 93
She looks perfectly healthy! You're worrying about nothing so far but it's always good to be on the lookout. She'll be good for a little bit but will need nutes soon since she's in coco. Its almost impossible to overwater coco in fabric pots. Obviously you want to be extra careful during seedling stage but keep in mind down the road that coco is not meant to dry out.

Back
Top Bottom