Lighting and soil question

Dewbie

Ok for my potting soil I have miracle grow potting mix with micromax nutrients My lighting I have two 75 watt grow lights. Will this be okay to use for A few plants. I'm open to suggestions let me know if i need to change anything.

i suggest not using miracle grow. do a quick search on "miracle grow and cannabis" and you will see why i say this.

the lights will keep a few alive, but i suggest only growing 2 with them. you'll probably end up with the same end result with 2 plant vs 3, with that little of light. :)

also, what color temp are they? 6500k or similar? or closer to 2700k?

A 1/4 of my sprout is yellow the rest is bright green been under light for over 24hours. What could be causing the yellow color?

maybe a nitrogen defficiency, How old are they, if only a couple days old, or from transplant, it could be a bit of shock. I to would drop the miracle grow. While it is possible to grow a decent plant with MG, it's still packed with nutes that you can't really control, and may burn your babies bad. I would also swap your lights out to a small digi ballast, a 250w lumatek is pretty cheap really, and will probably double the yield from what your running now. Also you can use MH, or HPS in the one ballast, so veg and flower can get thier respected light spectrum. I started on a tiny ass budget, and used a 150w shop light ballast I rewired, but now knowing what I do, A good ballast is worth it's weight in bud. lol.. Also you can usually find decent pasteurized soil around, I buy it from a small local sprinkler shop. lol. About 14$ for a big bag, so it's cheap, and I havent had a single issue with it. MG is usually full of larvae, and organisms that can bring bugs in to your garden, and not the good bugs. lol. Anyway, hope it helps you out, and you can usually find a good 400w lumatek on the net for good $, and they are switchable so if you have only a few plants, you can use it on 250, but your able to got to 400w if you grow your garden a bit. So a small investment now will pay off on your first harvest usually. Barring any problems anyway. lol...

The yellowing could also be the mg soil already
Burning them.. Cause they won't be hungry at this point, and shock normally makes them not stand straight at that age, not turn color.

But .. With that in mind, it could be many things. Hard to tell with no pic

I am betting it's shock from the MG. I took the plant out and put it in a nice secluded sunny spot. Checked it three hours later and already grew taller. I'm gonna ditch the MG and get a different light that's better. Thanks for the info :).

Back
Top Bottom