Lighting question

Dewbie

Okay currently I have two 24" florescent 75 watt lights. I don't know the lumens or anything else read all over package couldn't find it. It says 120v 60Hz 17W 300mA. Will this produce a good yield with one plant? Keep in mind I have two of these lights. If not I would like to keep my purchase of new lights under $100. I'm not a light expert so please explain in detail with little jargon on what I should upgrade too thanks.

high there =)

are there any markings on the bulb you can take a pic off, will help us to research the bulb.

without testing equipment, you may be able to wing it buy getting a normal cfl 6500k and a 2700k and comparing the light it emits to your tubes.
6500k is for plant growth and vegitation, 2700k is for bud development. so knowing what your bulbs are will tell you when you can use them.

in my humble opinion, it is not worth going to specially suppliers for CFL's when standard house cfls will do the same thing if they are the right kelvin.

not quite sure whats going on there with the 75 vs the 17 watt, but if its like normal cfls the 17w is the one that counts and the 75 means squat as thats just marketing comparing it to the old incadesant bulbs.

from a place like homebase, b&q wickes e.t.c i could get at least 9 x 32watts CFL bulbs for the money your talking about (just bulbs no fittings).
fittings are not all that expensive, a standard mass produced desk lamp costs a fiver ($7.50 ish?) and all ou need to do to that is remove the hood for greater exposure of light.

I.E

if you have some skill with electrics, you can do a much better job making a lighting kit of your own using pvc pipes and light fittings and all sorts.

whatever else, your lights will do something, but they dont sound very powerful and im certain you will need more.

Back
Top Bottom