Lighting for veg room starting early for outdoor 2019

Kaos777

420 Member
Did pretty good this season with the late start I had so now I want to be ready for next year and have some good size plants before I put em out . Like most that post I'm on a budget and a newbie so buying a complete tent is kinda out of the question and I'm more of a do it your selfer.so here's the task at hand I have germinated some seeds from my best plants last season and have put them in solo cups with soil it's been over a week and are ranging 3-4 inches . I want to veg them from now till April -may till I put em out side with lights outside to help keep em awake . Right now I'm using two 16w par38 non dim grow led at 20 hours on about 24 inches over the plants .this light I'm afraid puts out to much red Led but it's what I'm using for now because it was free . Possibly thinkg t5 but want the cost of Led?

The bulbs

Attachments

• IMG_7034.PNG
    IMG_7034.PNG
    157.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7035.PNG
    IMG_7035.PNG
    272.5 KB · Views: 84
For veg, usually growers needs at least 30w/sft. So check your grow size and you will know how much you need. :green_heart: If your grow size is not big, you can try the cheap ones on ebay or amazon, around 100USD I guess, or maybe you can also consider Mars ECO, haha!

I have been looking at the marshydro lights on eBay , just not sure what to get . Right now I have em in open room but the room I'm going to build I'm thinking 4x8

I have been looking at the marshydro lights on eBay , just not sure what to get . Right now I have em in open room but the room I'm going to build I'm thinking 4x8
You have a big space! For a 4x8 tent, you will need at least 960w real wattage in total, if budget is not enough, you can try at least 4 of the ECO 600 light. ;)

Well this is the light in ended up getting since I'll use this for bloom in the future should be here soon

Attachments

• IMG_7309.JPG
    IMG_7309.JPG
    442.7 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom