Lights and their ventilation.

Noobster

Hey guys,

Just wondering if I could get some help on understanding lighting and its ventilation needs.

Q's
1. If I am using a grow tent, do I need a "cool tube"?

2. Are their fans that suck air into and out of cool tubes or is that not necessary?

3. can I somehow connect the reflector ducting to the carbon filter exhaust ducting?

can someone plz explain to me the relationship between ballasts, reflector, and bulb? i have no experience and i just can;t figure out if i got a grip on it or not.

thanks for any and all info guys!

cheers.

:ciao:

Re: Lights and their ventilation...

1:When growing in a tent a cool tube is not need unless you can not control temps.

2:You can have a rvk fan suck or push the air through the tube, one on each end is not needed!

3: yes

4: *Quote* can someone plz explain to me the relationship between ballasts, reflector, and bulb? i have no experience and i just can;t figure out if i got a grip on it or not.

Are you for real??

Tbd

thanks.

there's a lot of different reflectors and i don't know which ones are good for a tent. i guess that's what number 4 was referring to. for the bulb i'll be using a 400 HPS.

I don't have a cool tube, but I do have a vented reflector. I use 6" ducting to pull air out of my tent/

Carbon filter-ducting-Reflector-ducting- strong can fan- outside tent.

My tent is 5x5 and I use a 1000 watt light in there. Outside air is 70 degrees. Inside with light on is 73. I'd say my set-up works pretty well.

I don't have a cool tube, but I do have a vented reflector. I use 6" ducting to pull air out of my tent/

Carbon filter-ducting-Reflector-ducting- strong can fan- outside tent.

My tent is 5x5 and I use a 1000 watt light in there. Outside air is 70 degrees. Inside with light on is 73. I'd say my set-up works pretty well.

thanks Caddie. that makes a lot of sense. i was debating between these two ways of doing the ventilation...

YouTube - Secret Jardin Dark Room 150 Complete Set Up

or

https://www.sunlightsheds.com/Caddy-Images/CADDY-Inside.jpg

i'm going with the way you have yours set up. it makes more sense to me.

how is the odor factor with your tent? can you easily smell the MJ from outside the tent? thats the next step i got to tackle.

again, thanks for the help bro

:thanks:

No odor whatsoever. Used to be overpowering when you walked in the house, now you can't smell a thing right next to the tent.

Be aware, the fan is a lot louder than you'll expect. But it works great.

Oh, I should mention that when I tried to hang my filter, it bent the supports. So know I just have the fan on the ground. Not ideal, but it works.

Back
Top Bottom