Lights?

novice101

i have been growing these girls under cfl's and t5's. due to my growing area restrictions i normally start 12/12 when they hit about 2 foot... when i bud i put them under 1000wt HPS.. which i have recently done. now under the cfl's they looked great, green and purple, nice rigid leaves pointing up and out. now that i put them under the HPS they are actually curling down, some are folding in half both length wise and width wise. i noticed it yesterday which was my first day in 12/12. i put them in darkness and when i took them out they were fine again, within 5 mins of putting them under the HPS they were doing it again...... btw the light was about 2 ft above them yesterday, today i raised the light to be about 4 foot above them.... any suggestions???? i used fox farm happy frog 5 5 5 in veg and just using bc bloom for 12/12. pictures below.. they dont really give you a great visual but hopefully you can see what im talking about.
DSCF21911.JPG
DSCF21901.JPG
DSCF21891.JPG

Re: lights????????

DSCF2196.JPG

you can see in this pic how the leaf is just bending in half.. there are no other lights in the room besides the one 1000 wt above them....

Re: lights????????

thats what im kinda hoping on considering that they are fine when i take them out of the dark... some of them are curled up like circles... weird i tell ya, just plain weird...

It sounds like a combination of lack of water and over lighting. What wattage CFL did you have then under and what was the temps in that room? I'm guessing your temp at the plant is about 10-15 degrees higher, you have the light too close and they are lacking in water a bit. The combination of all of those stresses will give you that curl.

i had 4 200 wt 1 250 wt a 100 wt and a 2ft 4 bulb t5 that they were under inside of a 2 by 4 tent, now that i have the 1000wt hps i put them in my spare bedroom and have the light 4 ft above them, i also have a air cooled hood that has a six in inline fan hooked to it and a 24 inch whirlwind fan blowing between the top of the plants and the light.. i watered them this morning, ( i have a tester for the moisture and ph that i use) im looking at them now and one small leaf is cured up in a circle. i want them to bud right and not use the cfls to do it since i own the high wattage lights. oh and there are 9 plants under this set up. not all leaves are curled but some on each plant.. i also have 4 dutch treats that i have on 12/12 that i put under the light when these are done, those leaves are doing fine and they are bigger plants so they are actually closer to the light...... ill try giving them water or maybe flushing them and see if its a nute prob????

alright, well i flushed the girls last night and they looked good again in the darkness but when i put them back under the HPS they started to curl again... i moved the light up to be about 5 ft above the plants, the temp is good and there is sufficient air flow as well.. I CANT FIGURE IT OUT... is this just something that happens for the first few days sometimes when switching from cfl's to HPS????

no i have them in an open room that is 12 by 12, i just have them congregated in part of the room.. remember that my girls are only about 2 foot tall. and its not the heat, i have the ac on and some fans blowing around them too. i did however find some mites on them the other day and sprayed them with a light dish soap solution, could that be it? i rinsed them off after and also rinsed them again today. still curling. btw temp is 82 atm.

Back
Top Bottom