Like Zoinks & Far Out!

Ravenplume

Hidey ho! everyone!

After three attempts at a successful grow over the three years since it became legal to do this in Oregon, I think I am on the verge of a major success. The first two years, we just fumbled our way through with strictly indoor grows from old seeds (ones my little brother had saved back in the late 90s and early 2000s.) The first year, and the first one, the plant started off good, but we got careless and neglected it too frequently once it went downstairs to the grow room. Ultimately, it was given up for dead. But a year later, we remembered it, and discovered it had at least budded a little during that time, and I think we were able to salvage 1/10 of an ounce off it. It wasn't anything memorable, but I still had to give it a name, Necro; despite that being the only Necro that will have ever existed.

Next one was doing well as well, until we had a freak cold spell, and she went herm. Game over, man.

Finally, we have here what was the last surviving seed of the batch, and during its growth and development, it had taken some abuse; like being dropped once, going almost too long between a couple waterings; and the most recent was the huge wind and rain storm that thrashed her all over mere hours after she was planted outside back on 20-JUN.

So anyway, here is how she looked minutes before being planted, and right after...

Feyleaf - 2018-06-20 - Pre Planting.jpg
Feyleaf - 2018-06-20 - Post Planting.jpg

And now, as of a couple days ago...

Feyleaf - 2018-09-21.jpg

I'm only hoping now that we didn't wait too long to plant, because it would be sad to see this beauty fail.

Also made cuttings of course; because with how old the seed was, and what the plant has been through, it seems like it has some good hardiness genes that need preserved.

So, now that we have had the Fall Equinox, and where I am at; just a stoner's throw away from the 45th Parallel at
W117 50, N44 47; we will be having our first 12 hours of straight dark on the 25th (11:59) or 26th (12:02), so I am guessing one of those days is when whatever the next phase is supposed to be, correct?

I thought the next phase was flowering, but it seems she is already doing that. Or am I misunderstanding the start of flowering?

Let's see if a close up can show where we are at right now...

Feyleaf - 2018-09-21-Closeup.jpg

Is she flowering already, or is this just a prelude to flowering? And after flowering starts, how long until budding?

Anyway, that's all I have for now. I know I am going to have a lot more questions and ideas to bounce about here later. But for now, time to smoke a bowl and do some random YouTubin' before sleep.

Hi and welcome to 420 Magazine
:welcome::welcome:
It is looking good. She is a beauty :thumb::bravo::welldone:
My phone is playing games with me at the moment, so
Sorry for short reply.
Looks like she is getting into flower.

May I suggest you check out the last line in my signature, Links for new members.
In there you will find how to make a journal. I will gladly tag along

Bushy looking bush you have there! Is that cage around it to stop it escaping lol. Welcome to 420 Ravenplume :)

The enclosure, which is still a work in progress is primarily to deter the 2 legged scavengers once Feyleaf (which is what I am calling her) starts budding. Biggest hazard where I live is a small but tenacious tweaker population (other than that, my town mostly deal with Brady Bunch caliber First World Problems.

Although the main fence is likely deterrent enough (when my little brother had this house, he advised that tweakers are generally cowards and tend to not "cross boundaries", like fences, for example). He is probably right, but no sense making it any easier for them just in case. In fact, we also went ahead and bought a 100 foot roll of 1/2 inch mesh 19 gauge cage wire that will also be reinforcing the enclosure. That is slated to go up tomorrow after we finish a couple more reinforcing beams.

And even if this is overkill vs. tweakers; there are the 4 legged critters to think about as well. Do deer eat weed? We have a lot of deer in town, in fact there is a "family" of them living close to the cabinet shot catticorner from us near the train tracks. Granted, I haven't heard any complaints from other growers here, like my neighbor, or our across the alley neighbor; about the deer raiding their plants. But why risk it, eh?

Feyleaf Enclosure.jpg

Anyway, as I was saying; the enclosure is a work in progress. In fact, it will be expanded next Spring to extend past the door, so we can access it through the shed. That will also give us room for a second plant next year. We can legally grow up to 4 at any given time (local cops don't bother enforcing that though); but I figure two is more than enough, and we can always have more cuttings going on inside anyhow.

So anyway; guess it is time to start getting ready for the trek south to Sumpter to resupply one last time at my favorite dispensary. Just been going with whatever their $100/ounce strain is at the time; since it has been good enough, and the second one I got at that price, Strawberry Fields, was not half bad. Plus, I get a 10% military discount, which makes it $90 per ounce.

Looking at their offerings, it is a tough choice between Pitbull and Hawaiian; probably going with the Hawaiian (Sativa) with its 22.7% THC vs the 21,58% for Pitbull, which is Indica.

Welcome ravenplume! Glad to have you here! Yep! You definitely got some small buds forming on her already. So she probably started the flowering stage about a week to 10 days before pistols typically. At least Ron the best of my limited knowledge. Are you feeding her nutrients?

Other than a daily dose of the previous day's coffee grounds, we have just been handling this first one au naturale; just whatever is already in the soil; and of course daily watering.

According to my little brother and sis in law; who had this place before taking over the house we grew up in; they did pretty well with gardening out back there in general. They didn't do any outdoor weed growing of course, since it was not legalized at the time; but other stuff they grew did quite well.

And seeing how the maters, leeks, and even our watermelon growing experiment are doing well, I am confident that Feyleaf will be putting out a bountiful harvest.

Back
Top Bottom